Load .csb files in cocos2d-x 3.15

Hi, all
I had a very important question. I have several ui-scenes created in CocosStudio 2.3.2.
While I was working with the cocos 3.8 everything worked fine, but after the update to 3.15 I had problems.
I heard that the studio is no longer supported by the engine, so I’m interested in the question whether it is possible to convert old csb-scenes to work with a new engine?
Update CocosStudio to v.3.10 can solve it? Or CSLoader was changed after 3.10?

2 Likes

I think it is because flatbuffer is updated and it affects the CSLoader. What’s the error message? And test case to reproduce it?

This is due to the rendering of the label on the button and the specific font (RoundsBlack.ttf). I’m update CocosStudio to 3.10, but it no but this has no effect. I’m make sample in CocosStudio and upload /res folder (if need a can upload all CososStudio project).
res.zip (25.2 KB)

In Visual Studio i’m use

auto scene = CSLoader::createNode(“MainScene.csb”);
this->addChild(scene);

The VS indicates an error in FontFreeType::renderCharAt, CCFreeFontType.cpp, line 610

// the final pixel
dest[(iX + ( iY * FontAtlas::CacheTextureWidth ) )] = cTemp;

Also I noticed errors related to the loss of effects for the text and the use of Scale9 after loading .csb. It is possible to recover some functionality? Maybe used separately of the v.3.8 (CSLoader & Flatbuffers) in my project? It very critical, ty.

Sorry, if it is about rendering effect or similar things, then i have no idea. The Cocos Studio is canceled long time ago and the team members have already left.

Ok,ty for reply. Now what tool provides similar functionality (make scene ui-script and bind for use in cpp project)?

No one ask you to add new features related to CocoStudio. This is all about backward compatibility.
Why than do you keep CocosBuilder readers or obsolete audio engine? Cocos2dx is full of such stuff. Let’s cut them away too?