linux build with OpenGL ES

I’m currently working on a custom system which is linux based,and runs on arm and openGLES.
have been tryin to make the linux port run on it,by copying the CCGLANDROIDview into CCGLLinux,and have been unsuccessful so far…compiled all the libs and etc on it…
And after switching the debug on the issue was with the GLES not getting initialized…that suggests that the view hasnt been initialized properly.
it would be really helpful if someone could help me port the CCGL_linux view using GLES…

Hi, why do you have to use opengles? Opengles simulator may cause many issues on different computers. So we have used opengl directly on gles20-win32port.

im not using simulator…
Its a linux based system that runs on frame buffer….and i don’t have openGL,so no GLUT.SDL runs on it,but it has no X11.
all i have is GLES.so is it possible that i can run a cocos2d-x game on it,atleast graphically…
the rest of the events i will have to code according to the system wise.

I think it’s possible. Just have a try. :slight_smile:

got it working…:slight_smile:
put the bada gl view code into linux and it worked…also wid some tweaks…changed initializing of openGLES to Null Windowing System,direct frame buffer that is.

Congratulations.:slight_smile:
deepak wr wrote:

got it working…:slight_smile:
put the bada gl view code into linux and it worked…also wid some tweaks…changed initializing of openGLES to Null Windowing System,direct frame buffer that is.

Hi deepak_wr, I have the exact same issue with Linux on Arm and no open GL, only open GL ES, can you please explain step by step what was needed to be done? Or would you be interested to take a contract converting our project?