Libgame.so error, exit code 1

Hi,

I have been trying for last 2 days to compile a helloworld project for android. It had been giving different errors so far but I found my way through using the different questions asked here by users or at stackoverflow. But now, I have searched everywhere and couldn’t find a proper solution anywhere.

When I try to run the build_native.sh in cygwin, it starts compiling but in the libgame.so shared library, it gives an error with exit code 1. Other guys have been getting this type of errors but none of their solution work for me.
I have checked the android.mk and the references are the correct.

Every way I tried has failed. I need serious help :frowning:

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

P.S I am using windows 8(64 bit)

Are you building from within eclipse (i.e. have you added the build_native command)?

Assuming for now that you are running the build direct from cygwin:-
If the libgame compile fails, you should get an error (other than just exit code 1).

Can you attach the whole output from the build?

Thanks Adam for your reply.

I am running using cygwin, (I don’t know how to do it all from eclipse, I am new to ndk and cocos2dx and following jesusbosch’s article)

It gives error like ‘recipe for target failed’.

I’ve attached the output and error log. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

It starts with some permission denied errors.
I was getting those errors as well, you need to make sure you have write permissions to that folder mentioned in the output.
The errors that follow might be related.

It also looks like a lot of the errors are undefined reference to ’std::ios_base::Init::~Init()
I’m not sure why ios is mentioned, I dont remember seeing this in my version.

Adam Reed wrote:

It starts with some permission denied errors.
I was getting those errors as well, you need to make sure you have write permissions to that folder mentioned in the output.
The errors that follow might be related.
>
It also looks like a lot of the errors are undefined reference to ’std::ios_base::Init::~Init()
I’m not sure why ios is mentioned, I dont remember seeing this in my version.

I am not sure, I did check the permissions by going in to the security tab, it has full access.
Still thanks alot Adam Reed for your help and time.

Can anyone help me with it, the moderators??