Issue with old Colliders in v1.5

My collider was working perfectly in CC v1.4.2, but after upgrading to 1.5 it no longer triggers. Everything else works fine except for this. Looked at the 1.5 API Docs for CollisionManager and it doesn’t look like anything’s changed, so we need some help.
Basically I have a PolygonCollider component on my Paddle and a CircleCollider on my Pegs, and wrote custom PaddleCollider script attached to the paddle… Everything normal, just stopped working. Here’s a summary of the script:

onLoad: function () {
	cc.director.getCollisionManager().enabled = true;
	cc.director.getCollisionManager().enabledDebugDraw = false;
	// cc.director.getCollisionManager().enabledDrawBoundingBox = true;
	this.touchingPeg = 0;
},
onCollisionEnter: function (other, self) {
	//cc.log("Touching peg " + this.touchingNumber + " other:" + other.name);
	if (this.wheelSpinner.getComponent("Wheel").isSpinning) {
		var volume = 0.5 + (Math.random() / 2);
		cc.audioEngine.playEffect(this.audioTick, false, volume);
		var upTime = (this.paddle.rotation / 610) + 0.12;
		this.paddleUp(upTime);
	}
},
onCollisionExit: function (other, self) {
	if (this.wheelSpinner.getComponent("Wheel").isSpinning) {
		var downTime = (this.paddle.rotation / -610) + 0.32;
		this.paddleDown(downTime);
	}
},
paddleUp: function (speed) {
	this.paddle.stopAllActions();
	this.paddle.runAction(cc.rotateTo(speed, -61));
},
paddleDown: function (speed) {
	this.paddle.stopAllActions();
	this.paddle.runAction(cc.rotateTo(speed, 0));
}

Like I said, everything was working until the update, should be an easy fix, but I don’t know what else was changed with the new Physics system that would effect this (new docs were vague). One of my fix attempts was to add a new Group in Project Settings with Collide Map checked, then assign the colliders to that group, but that didn’t do it. Do I now have to add the RigidBody component or switch to the new PhysicsPolygonCollider component? I experimented a bit with it, but I already had it simulating the physics just fine before the addition of physics… Any suggestions?

We test the collider in the example cases, not found any problem.
Can you upload a demo for test?

I’m not able to send you the whole project, I would have to create a new project with the implementation if you really need for testing… However, I was reading in the other posted comments about the 1.5 update and noticed a few people that were having a similar problem with the CollisionManager no longer working after upgrading, but I can’t tell what the cause is since the code and everything looks right.
I had this problem when I was trying the 1.5 betas, then I would switch back to 1.4.2 and it would work fine again… However, when I updated to 1.5 final, it got rid of my older version (even though installed to a different folder) so I can’t go back to the working version, and I can’t find the previous version to download and downgrade to. Need to get this figured out soon. Maybe I’ll make a new project with just the collider parts to upload to you guys, but hoping someone has the answer, and expecting other people to have this same problem… Thanks.

It’s really weird, i have no idea where is wrong.
But if have a demo to reproduce the problem, i will fix it soon. :slight_smile:

This has been a pain, spent all day trying to debug it, and finally got to the root of the problem. I ended up creating a sample project with just the wheel spin, and it ended up working on v1.5, but I didn’t know why it wasn’t working in the main project. I recreated everything, rebuilt my colliders, created an empty project and transferred my assets in there, and a bunch of other attempts to fix it and still didn’t work… Frustrating.
I then added enabledDrawBoundingBox = true to my Paddle script where I enabled the CollisionManager in the onLoad(), and noticed it didn’t add the bounding boxes like expected… I added a sound effect in onLoad and found it didn’t get played. Very confusing. Scratching my head, I manually called this.paddle.getComponent(“PaddleCollider”).onLoad(); where I animated the wheel in, and it worked!
Somehow, onLoad is not getting automatically called when enabling the node with the component, even though it was activating in 1.4.2 just fine. So the problem isn’t with the collision script, but with onLoad not triggering. Is this related to a known issue? I hope this information is useful to someone for debugging. Thanks…

Sorry for that, there is a bug about onLoad (not triggering), we will fix it in 1.5.1