Is there a programmatic approach for getting something like a mini scroll bar to represent progress in ScrollView?

I’m really enjoying using ScrollView. It extends tiny screens no end where previously i was paging data in and out :smile:

There is one small disadvantage that I’ve not overcome, and i’m hoping someone can help me here. A scrollbar is almost de-rigeur even on tiny screens it can be included just for show. If I was making a pacier game I probably wouldn’t want it but please, i know it’s got to be here somewhere. :smile:

@pandamicro

I’m getting some really crazy effects with huge lists, that are only going to get bigger.

I’ve colored some individual Labels red based on existing in the user’s inventory, yet even the scrolling, but otherwise static titles are red too, in places- (due to having made a word wrap). It’s very random and I’ve looked at it for hours like this. My list varies but on last check was 480x4300pixels.

No news is good news I suppose ? :smile:

I fixed the random colouring problem. :smile: It was that, while in the main/event thread, I was outputting, via my handy new library class, to a temporary Sprite instead of the ScrollView. I’d immediately transpose those labels when the library call returned but simply removing this indirection solved the problem. I would have to assume that the screen updating thread was kicking in but I know this never happens so either cocos2d-x has some background worker thread or I have something strange in my setup. I don’t know, it’s encouraged a better practise either way.

Grasping that leads me back to my original question. How to show scroll bar / progress?

No one knows? I’ll just have to code it myself. No problem. Thanks guys.