Is it kind of 3D for production version?

Hello,
I have a question about 3D. I have heard that version 3.0 of cocos has 3D support, but is not for production version. I am making a semi 3D game and I have some problems with 3D models on some devices.
After that I have changed my approach and I want to use ordinary Sprites (no 3D Sprite) but in 3D space using setRotation3D/Position3D.
Is that correct approach to avoid bugs in production version? I don’t know that this solution also use the same 3D technic which may cause problems or not.
I am waiting for answers, thank you.

I think our 3D is good for small games but not a huge game like GTA etc.

Thank you for answer but my question is more related to topics about removing 3D from next version of cocos (topics attached in top of forum page) because of its performance/quality which is not intended for production version (3D part of course). I have read about this and I want to avoid problems with 3D renderer. Is that way which I have presented in earlier post with 2D objects in 3D space solve the problem? This solution use 2D renderer or also use 3D which has problems? You have any ideas to solve that problem?

Oh I see. If you create a 3D scene it will use the 3D renderer. Perhaps use your art to simulate a 3D game but not use 3D models? Like 2.5D.

Thank you for answer. I have created ordinary scene and is that Scene 3D? Has Sprite3D only has problems or also Sprite in 3D space? Will 3d keep in next version of renderer?

Hi, if you havent already, you should take a look at the just posted 3D Car Shooting Game for an example of the kind of 3D game Cocos is capable of.

1 Like