iPhone 5 transition flickering.

Hi guys,

I’ve been using the simulator to test my game on an iPhone5. I was eager to test it on a device though so I did as soon as I could.

When I got the game running on the iPhone5 I’ve come across a strange artifact while the game goes through transitions. It looks like parts of the assets at the front of the screen go transparent in places, showing the background. This doesn’t happen on any other devices or on the simulator.

I’ve tried changing the resolution policy to see if that effects anything and it doesn’t. I’m currently using kResolutionShowAll.

I’m not sure why this is happening but I won’t be able to release the game with this bug in it, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I’m no further forward on this problem. Can anyone suggest anything?

Try to put this: CCDirector::sharedDirector()->setProjection(kCCDirectorProjection2D); to your AppDelegate::applicationDidFinishLaunching()

Leszek S wrote:

Try to put this: CCDirector::sharedDirector()->setProjection(kCCDirectorProjection2D); to your AppDelegate::applicationDidFinishLaunching()

I solve the same problem! Thank you!

This solution solved a CCSprite & CCControlButton flickering issue for me…Thanks a tonne :slight_smile: