[iOS] iOS8 / new iPhones support

Hi Everyone,
I’m just curious how cocos will support new iOS8 and new mobiles from Apple? Has someone tried to run it on iOS8 Beta? And is there any idea of using Swing,SpriteKit,SceneKit or Metal? This is because Apple is really helpful in terms of featuring your games, when you’re using those technologies;)

Well, since IOS8, Metal are still covered under Apple’s Developer NDA and an unreleased product we cannot discuss this. I can tell you that we are very interested in Apple’s offerings and that we always evaluate technologies that seem beneficial to the success of our game engine. :slight_smile:

Apple’s NDA for iOS 8 & WWDC14 is not as strict as previous NDAs. You should be able to discuss iOS 8, just don’t post screenshots. See here.

Thanks! Good to know :slight_smile: So what plans you’ve got for Cocos-2d and iOS?

The plans are we will support it.

Seriously. Your questions is very broad…Are you poking for something specific?

Well, since there is a post about it… does current stable cocos2d-x 3.2 work fine on iOS8 without modification?

Same question for cocos2d-x 2.2: I happen to have apps still running on 2.2 that I didn’t port yet, and I’d like to know if I should make plans to port them by october.

I haven’t tried 2.2 but I didn’t have trouble building v3.2 on 10.10 for iOS 8.

Thanks @slackmoehrle