Indiegogo for Book for Cocos2d-X

As you are preparing this book the way like this, than it would be very nice if book’s eratta would be availabe here and freely editable to follow any future changes in cocos2d-x, especially install scripts/routines for different platforms and changed code examples.

That’s the way to keep initial compatibility with 3.0 version in years to come.

Also, wnat are the principles of books translating? What kind of power do you have, as the author, for contribute/descide your book’s translations in other languages? I really wan’t some book in Croatian, so hard that I will ask you to be in your translators team. :slight_smile:

And of course, you should include some playable with AI code and principles in your book. Few pages of minimax and pathfinding at least.

@kradem
Indeed, that’s my intention to provide an update on the support material of the book to avoid that it becomes obsolete.
It would be nice to translate it to other languages. If you can work with the Croatian I can send you a copy of the book for translation when is ready.
I will think about AI code.

If you can work with the Croatian I can send you a copy of the book for translation when is ready.
I suppose I can handle English->Croatian. Maybe my English isn't competitive, but surely you wouldn't miss a thing in Croatian translation.

Lets face it, nobody can make a fortune selling IT books in Croatian, but, on the other hand, there’s unwritten rule of thumb that a IT book in Croatian could be sold and read in three more countries (Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro). Some Croatian writers and critics (like Predrag Matvejevic) prefers philosophy about one language that should be called Bosnian-Serbian-Croatian(-Montenegro), my opinion and principles are tight to deal with Croatian language in syntax and semantic, the language understandable to our neighboors.

Btw, what’s your desktop publishing software pick?

I can start translating when you would be ready to send me the material. I have had an idea about the book covering two or three IT principles/uechnologies, surely would like to prepare myself, there’s a saying that goes something like this: “learn on other people mistakes…”. :slight_smile: Just kidding, I’d be happy to contribute…

And about AI, I don’t know would be working examples in the book, but IMHO there’s nothing in IT to compare when your piece of code act as something with the mind. If somebody “loose his/her virginity” with the help of your book, then the book reached its goal. :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,

I updated what it will be the final content of the book http://www.dragonbackgames.com/?p=211

I just want to let you know that the book will be published regardless the result of the campaign.

Thanks everyone for your support!!!