Implementation of Delegate methods in cocos2dx

Hi,

How to implement delegation in cocos2dx ? In objective C , we use protocols now i want to do the same in cocos2dx but not able to find a way to implement the same .

Please help Thanks in advance!

Protocols are pure abstract classes in C++ (classes which contain only pure virtual methods):

class MyProtocol
{
public:
    virtual void myProtocolMethod() = 0;
};

To implement protocol you inherit it and override its methods implementing them:

class MyClass : public MyProtocol
{
public:
    virtual void myProtocolMethod()
    {
        // here you implement it
    }
};
1 Like

Thanks
It really helped me :slight_smile:

Igor Zavorotkin wrote:

Protocols are pure abstract classes in C++ (classes which contain only pure virtual methods):
[…]
>
To implement protocol you inherit it and override its methods implementing them:
[…]

class MyClassDelegate
{
public:
    virtual void myDelegateMethod() = 0;
};

class MyClass
{
public:
     static void doSomething(int a, int b, MyDelegate *delegate)
     {
           m_delegate = delegate;

//doSomething........

this->m_delegate->myDelegateMethod();
     }
private:
    MyDelegate* m_delegate;
};

class MyUserClass : public MyClassDelegate
{
      void calc() 
      {
          MyClass::doSomething(1, 2, this);
      }
      void myDelegateMethod()
      {
           ;
      }
};
1 Like

De Meng wrote:

[…]

Hi De Meng,

interesting post. But what kind of Object do you mean by “MyDelegate *delegate”? Would be very helpful if you could clarify this.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards

Should be a mistake in De Meng’s example. Not MyDelegate but MyClassDelegate.

I have added a detailed article here if interested :slight_smile:
http://cobagames.com/2013/12/25/using-delegate-controls-in-cocos2d-x/

Here are very useful delegates :slight_smile: http://www.cocos2d-x.org/forums/6/topics/41358?r=41407

I also come from the Obj-C cocos2d world and use “protocols” heavily even with C++. I just define classes and call them protocols. Of course they are still classes. They don’t even need to be pure virtual with =0 etc, to make optional methods/functions just add a default implementation like {}. It might be some kind of overhead etc but I don’t think it’s a problem.

However I’ve ran into an issue recently where, for some reason I cannot understand yet, the delegates (or listeners, as I like to call them, when having several delegates for one main object) are being called even though I specifically already removed them as listeners. The delegates are the cocos2d-x scenes. I add them as listeners in init() and/or onEnterTransitionFinished() etc, then remove them as listeners in onExitTransitionDidStart() etc, but there seems to be some problem where the deallocated scenes/delegates are called even though they should already have been removed. Anyone have an idea off the top of their head what could be wrong? I thought the problem would be multithtreading etc, but I made sure to call everything on the main thread and I still get these problems. What could be wrong?