Image processing before let sprite load it?

I’m dealing with jagged , aliasing sprite after using setScale with big to small image.

I’ve been having the same problem with scaling of sprites. If the original is smaller, the result is blurry. If the original is bigger, the result is a jagged image.

Have anyone tried implementing scaling of the original data in cocos2d-x? What I mean is an addition to the sprite loading API that give you the opportunity to ask the game to load the resource, rescale the data to a size of your choosing and then create the texture from the rescaled data. I think this would increase the quality of the resulting sprite A LOT if you ask the game to load it in the resolution you will display it.

This is the only good and clean solution I have come up with. I can understand that you can get cocos2d-x to work nicely as is on iOS where there are just a couple of resolutions out there. But on android you have to support many different resolutions and I don’t want my game to look blurry/jagged on half of them or have to create some intricate system of 10 different .pngs per image in different prescaled sizes and choose from them “manually” at run time.

Any thoughts?

Any way to use other scaling algorithm to process image before let sprite use it like Magick++ on CC2DX ?