I will start with cocos but have some questions

im tore between corona sdk and cocos 2dx.
before some informations:
I´m using photoshop since years and love to create thinks - since round about 4 month im preparing a game and now im checking for the right engine to relase it.

bevor, i have no experiences in coding - in this case i´m a full noob - ja ceartenly a little bit html is possible, i can colore my name in a hand full funny colores but that was about it.

I´ll produce first for android (because i have just windows)
later certainly for iOS too.

beside cocos 2d (x) i found corona sdk - it loocks very easy for me particularly its fast and easy to code and i´m a idiot in case of coding.
in the other hand this engine caught my hands, i will have not so many options in using and realize my ideas.

now, now im in an cocos 2dx community - i´m verry interessting (case of costs and possibilities and cocosstudio too) I looked around and will use cocos prefering corona but have some questions:

How hard is learning cocos? im comparison corona?
without any knowlodge in coding, can i lern it easily?
I´ll not realy spend to much time in coding and lerning coding, i love the kreativ part and designing the game.
I found a lot more tutorials for cocos 2d rather than cocos 2dx - can i use this tutorials too?
Does it matter?

regards from germany :smiley:

Well first of all i apologize for my native language is not english too so im also having a hard time trying to express my ideas sometimes… but
"I was laughin hard when reading your post, sorry mate, your english is hilariously bad! :smiley: "
R-E-A-L-L-Y…? AND…
“And just for fun and giggles (also to improve your language skills).
Here is a list of the shame on you mistakes, dude have you been to school?
If so, you should slap your english teacher. ;)”
S-E-R-I-O-U-S-L-Y…?
WOW…!!! first of all (guys correct me if im wrong) cocos2dx is maintained by a lot of chinese developers and it’s used by non-english-speaking developers too esp. in asia. This is the only time that i’ve read a post like this talking about how bad someone’ english are. I mean, i also do have a hard time trying to understand someone else’ english but i don’t laugh esp. HARD? instead i fine it cute that this people are really trying their best to use english so they could learn about cocos2dx and also computer graphics concept as a whole like shaders, matrices, lighting, perspective view, inverse world to model transform, skinning, etc…
So instead of mocking a person, help him/her…
This community is a friendly one and we want to keep it as such…
If you can’t help then don’t post esp. how hard you laugh, we don’t need to know that, keep it to yourself.
@seyjo
sorry for that, i commend your effort in expressing your concern.
as for my 2cents, I don’t know anything about corona sdk but i think you still need to learn the programming/scripting language they support. As you said you are more of a creative designer than a programmer then it’s up to you if you wanted to learn how to code. It would be hard for you if you’re a total noob in the sense that you’ll need to learn a couple of things if not a lot like in case of cocos2dx you’ll need to learn C/C++ aside from learning the framework itself not to mention Box2D or Chipmunck (liquidFun for a cool soft-body physics) if you wanted to incorporate physics. Also if you wanted to create a visually stunning effects i believe you need to also learn openGL ES 2.0 , all of this might be too much for you but if you are willing to learn then the reward would be great too.
Peace everyone…:wink:

How about that i teach you to code C++,
and you teach me to paint。

maomaoispan wrote:

How about that i teach you to code C++,
and you teach me to paint。

Damn it, you beat me to it…
I was gonna ask him that too :slight_smile:

like i’ve said you’re the only one who mock people here so who’s childish now?
i admire your being helpful you seems to be very knowledgeable in almost everything and you almost have answers in everyone’s question but you could compare corona and cocos2dx better than penis size maybe you’re too knowledgeable that you can’t think of other things :slight_smile:
by the way im sure seyjo appreciate your help with respect to english spelling, but before we mock people with there english grammar and spelling maybe you could start it with your own, like “concider”?
"3. I don’t like code, but i like to design and move pictures around, is Cocos2D-X for me?
Again, nop. Since you only like the creative part(hint: code can be creative as well) and concider yourself a designer, think you’re better set with some of the WYSIWIG tools out there. No coding needed, although you will have to script the logic and buy a licence, as always: "
overexaduration? let me check that sorry like i’ve said im not good in english too, but is that a misspelling too? :slight_smile:
about overreaction and overexaduration? i am not the one who laugh about people’s misspelling, so who laugh? and HARD? and even post it and all the “slap your english teacher”, now that’s overreaction. should i correct the overnervious thing too? maybe not.
there are a lot who don’t use spell checker here for some reason but still other people do understand and don’t mock about it.
thank you for your advice though:) i would also advice you not to mock and maybe advice you to start an english tutorial here? starting with spelling?
“Then WE can try answer YOUR questions to the best of OUR knowloooggge.” what?
well since you insist, i remember asking you what is the connection of eclipse version in creating/building a cocos2dx project right? i was wondering bec. you ask someone who can’t create and/or build a proj. about the version of eclipse he’s using right? but… you said:
"Don’t have time for this right now, sorry.
Any other questions? " WOW… :;ok
Have a penis size weekend too… sorry misspelling or wrong grammar but im sure you can decode it :wink: cheers

haha… :slight_smile: unfortunately i just realized you’re funny :frowning:
oh well, let me ask you who started the “penis size” thing? and now “tits”?
idiotic post? again who laugh HARD and mock at people’s english? who’s idiot now?
don’t know basic english? but you do understand seyjo? and even decoded his wrong english spellings? and you don’t understand mine? WOW… that’s weird :;qst
mental disorder you say? novels? who posted twice and mock with double face palm picture? if i have mental disorder then what do you have?
provoking a fight? am i the one who mock? all i did is to get to your attention about mocking people’s english bec. if you do that people who wanted to post and learn might be intimidated if they can’t construct proper english grammar let alone english word spelling. you are creating an environment of mockery here.
now you felt tormented for being corrected with respect to your attitude? how come? maybe you felt guilty? and you also have your own english problems? so you’re asking the forum-moderator’s sympathy now? well i won’t ask any of them to take side but you are making this a me vs. you thing, all i wish for is that they maintain the friendly vibe of this community and stop mockery. asking them to ban me is like a cry baby who lose a candy.
did i annoy you? or that is a guilty feeling radiating and venting as annoyance?
thank you for bringing that out that im not about coding, for now, i guess you know why right? but at least i gave concepts and explain some bits that they don’t understand even telling them im no expert just happen to know 1 or 2 things. Now, what do you offer if i may ask? links? and links? and even links not in this forum? what that made you? a human Google? so let me get this straight, people come here ask about there prob. and you look at them using google and you come back and post the results? you don’t even explain something or give some inputs from your understanding base on personal experience. all you do is tell them to look at this bunch of links related to their prob. which i am not against of course it helps (thank you for that) but did you even read those links? and did those links solve the problem or they are just related, worst if they are not solve.
Again im no expert and don’t know much, definitely not even a quarter of what you seems to have so i hope to learn a lot from you and your post. You may not give me code bec. I can code myself, just the concept would be enough. cheers…:;ok

I Hope everyone peace. so I locked this topic. thank you for your cooperation