I think the cocos2d-x helper documents is "shit"

I think the cocos2d-x helper documents is “shit”,I can’t acquire any useful infomations from that cocos2d-x helper documents,Never so much as know what a paramter to do?:frowning:
Is AnyOne have better helper to send me pls???

[[Developers Manual]] or API Reference, which one do you consider as shit?

The API Reference is pretty good now but the only issue I see is things like:

virtual void setOpacity*
_ - setOpacity
Implements CCRGBAProtocol._
It’s very easy to understand that
setOpacity( )* changes the opacity but the method description being simply just setOpacity is a bit “shitty” since it doesn’t really tell you good info. It could be better rephrased to something like Sets the opacity of the CCSprite object from 0 - 255, with 0 being fully transparent and 255 being full opaque (or something like that)

I’m new to Cocos2dx but I’ve found quite a bit of documentation to be useful. OP’s statement is obviously ill-judged and could be more constructive. I’ll be constructive. For me right now, the most annoying thing about the documentation are the deprecated flags without pointers to the new preferred functionality. For example, I’m using CCEaseBounceIn, it is flagged as CC_DEPRECATED_ATTRIBUTE. What do I use instead? As a n00b I am not aware of the history of such classes. This is particularly annoying because a lot of the tutorials are using deprecated functionality.

Perhaps in future it would be better to make it mandatory to say what new functionality makes a class/function deprecated as well as flagging the fact that it is.

Love the framework and enjoying using it, this is just a small ripple in the water.

Thanks for all your advices!
The old doxygen API reference ASSUMES that users are familiar with cocos2d-iphone. This situation seems ends up in 2012 H2, more and more developers used cocos2d-x as their first cocos2d framework. That’s a problem.
Well, I will update API references in Feb.

I agree. The comments of some api need to describe the range of parameters. Thanks.

Lance Gray wrote:

The API Reference is pretty good now but the only issue I see is things like:
>
virtual void setOpacity*
_ - setOpacity
>
Implements CCRGBAProtocol._
>
It’s very easy to understand that
setOpacity( )* changes the opacity but the method description being simply just setOpacity is a bit “shitty” since it doesn’t really tell you good info. It could be better rephrased to something like Sets the opacity of the CCSprite object from 0 - 255, with 0 being fully transparent and 255 being full opaque (or something like that)

以上讨论者皆为国人否…?

Zhe Wang wrote:

[[Developers Manual]] or API Reference, which one do you consider as shit?

Thank u ,This API is very 给力 than former which I seen!