How to update from cocos2d-x 3.0alpha1 to 3.0beta?

I started to program a video game with the version 3.0alpha1.

What is the best way to update to the latest version?
Is it better to download the version 3.0Beta and “port” the game?

Thanks!

The 3.0 Beta puts all necessary files in a single directory if you run the create-project.py. So now it seems everything is self contained. So what I am doing is creating a new project and importing all of my existing source from 3.0 Alpha and building. I am doing it right now So far no issues.

I am currently doing the same that copying all the source into the new project.

Except those fixes mentioned or not mentioned, it works fine in XCode for most of the part. Affected area will be GUI if you are using CocoStudio, Array and Dictionary, Camera. NotificationCenter related should also pay attention. If your code is not heavy involved with these stuff, copy and paste should be no problem.

And it seems not quite support with calling python build script inside Eclipse (the CDT properties seems removed), and it is not quite workable for some parts under Windows (still checking). The other is fine.

Also there are some questions in this forum which you should pay attention to. Keep checking here to make sure you didn’t miss something important.

Thank you!

I will try it.

Jason Slack-Moehrle wrote:

The 3.0 Beta puts all necessary files in a single directory if you run the create-project.py. So now it seems everything is self contained. So what I am doing is creating a new project and importing all of my existing source from 3.0 Alpha and building. I am doing it right now So far no issues.

How do you compile for Android? Can you run and build it in Eclipse?