How to record game play.

Dear all,
I’m trying to record the game play as it is one of the requirement. I cannot use any third party tool to do the recording. I googled and tried some of the implementations but they are not so productive. I need the solution for IOS right now then for later platforms.
Thanks in advance

You can timestamp your game input, and stores them in a list
then in playback mode, you just have to simulate the game input and blocks actual input

Record sprite movement in fixed timestep like every 20FPS or lower (depends on game)

Replay with interpolation between point_0 and point_1

Ya but my game is not deterministic its completely dependent on video streaming at the background which is a UIView. Actors are in EAGLView ie in cocos2d layer. Now i need to record both the streaming and the actor movement which respond according to the background video.

Sujit Yadawad wrote:

Ya but my game is not deterministic its completely dependent on video streaming at the background which is a UIView. Actors are in EAGLView ie in cocos2d layer. Now i need to record both the streaming and the actor movement which respond according to the background video. And i need the output in some video format.

Is there any reason not to just build as a linux / windows version and record using any generic screen capture tools? gameplay and visuals of the actual game window should still be the same right?

No sir we cant do that. Recording is a game feature that player chooses if he wishes while playing game and he can further go for posting it into YouTube so everything has to be done in real time.

Ah, apologies. I assumed this was for material to advertise the gameplay. Ignore me …

Solution for uploading to YouTube

http://www.iphonedevsdk.com/forum/iphone-sdk-development/68842-upload-video-youtube-facebook-please-help.html

Thanks for that. But its not what i wanted. My problem is not uploading videos to YouTube but the recording itself. Here is the problem statement in clear again-

1. I’ve video streaming which from the camera and it is behind our cocos2d layer. Video is embedded an UIView
  2. The actor in the cocos2d layer which responds according to the background video (processing of each frame is implemented).
  3. User has got an option to record his game play while he is playing.
  4. Then if he wishes he can post that video in YouTube. So i want that output in some video format.
  5. No simulation or recreation of the game play as output video is must needed.

@Sujit Ok. If you found a solution please let us know

Did anybody find a solution?

Thanks you in advance.