How to push code updates to the debugger/simulator?

Hi,

since the two IDEs are deprecated I’ve switched to Webstorm for JS codeing. But what I’m really missing is the live deployment feature of the debugger when started through the IDE. When I do updates on the JS or resource files it restarts the scene and applies the changes without restarting the Simulator. My current work around is to code in Webstorm, while the code IDE with the debugger is running in the background. And of course there is the web way.

Is there a way of starting the Simulator in a way that it reloads the scene/game when code changes are made? Or another convenient way of viewing the result in the native simulator/debugger without having it to restart.

Thanks
Dorian

@Gurudath could you help him answering the question please… ?

+1 We need it.

My alternative is keep in cocos2d-x < 3.7 where Cocos Code IDE 1.2 is working: Remote Debugging and Code Swapping. More productivity.

I requested it too:

1 Like

Hi @mcdorians

I didn’t understand your question fully. Could you please explain bit more?

Do you want to debug using Webstorm editor?
I didn’t understand about Simulator use? Are you building Native?

Hi @Gurudath ,
thanks for your reply. At first this is about using JS not native. The need of Debuging is secondary.
When using the deprecated cocos code IDE you have to run the Project once and all changes in code are applied live, no need to restart the simulator. But since I want to keep up with the latest framework version and also want to have a more snappy Editor I’had to dump the cocos IDE.

I assume that cocos IDE does’t do any magic. I guess it starts the Simulator in way that if code changes are made some sort of refresh mechanic is triggered. Actually I guess findig out how to get the simulator to refresh would solve my problem.

Thanks

Hello,

I use Webstorm Editor. I haven’t used Cocos Code IDE.
Once i change the JS Code i used to refresh the link in browser.

Yes, thats a proper workaround. But running native and on-device seams more significant for the final product. When Code IDE wasn’t obsolete it performed well in that case.