how to install cocos2dx 3.0 alpha on mac

former version has
install-templates-xcode.sh

but there is no the file now.
even I copy form the former version and run, it will reports error:

Installing Xcode 4 cocos2d-x iOS template—————————————————-…creating destination directory: /Users/mymac/Library/Developer/Xcode/Templates/cocos2d-x/…copying cocos2d files…copying CocosDenshion files…copying websockets files…copying extension files…copying template filesrsync: link_stat “/Users/mymac/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/template/xcode4/.” failed: No such file or directory (2)rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-42/rsync/main.c(992) [sender=2.6.9]done!

Hi!
You should use create-multi-platform-projects.py to create projects for cocos2dx 3 alpha.
It’s require python installed on your mac.

Artur Bulakaev wrote:

Hi!
You should use create-multi-platform-projects.py to create projects for cocos2dx 3 alpha.
It’s require python installed on your mac.

Thanks

I executed command describe at

https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x

to start a new game

Download the code from Github or from cocos2d download site

Run the create-multi-platform-projects.py script

Example:

$ cd cocos2d-x
$ ./create-multi-platform-projects.py p mygamek com.your_company.mygame ~~l cpp
$ cd projects/mygame
it reported
>~~bash: ./create-multi-platform-projects.py: /usr/bin/evn: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

its content :

#! /usr/bin/evn python
# filename = create-multi-platform-projects.py

import os
from tools.project_creator import create_project

if name == ‘main’:
os.chdir(os.getcwd()+‘/tools/project_creator/’)
create_project.createPlatformProjects()
if I enter directory of /tools/project_creator

and call

./create_project.py ~~p <PROJECT_NAME>~~k <PACKAGE_NAME> ~~l <cpp|lua|javascript>
it reports error:
>~~bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline’

my python is

Python 2.7.2 (default, Oct 11 2012, 20:14:37)
[GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple Clang 4.0 (tags/Apple/clang-418.0.60)] on darwin
mountain lion 10.8.3

You should call some kind of this in /tools/project_creator:

./create_project.py p MyNewProjectNamel cpp -k com.MyCompany.Awesome

It will create the cocos2dx cpp project for you.

Artur Bulakaev wrote:

You should call some kind of this in /tools/project_creator:
>
./create_project.py p MyNewProjectNamel cpp -k com.MyCompany.Awesome
>
It will create the cocos2dx cpp project for you.

thanks a lot
it is ok now

I’m running into the same issue and I’m confused. What’s broke here? Does one of the python scripts need to be corrected? How come this doesn’t work as the tutorial says it should? I’d like to use the multi-platform setup but it sounds like it isn’t working correctly yet. Everything worked fine on the Windows side but I’m having a really tough time getting this to work for my Mac. Even if I use the files created from my Windows machine it appears that they won’t build correctly from XCode. Maybe the paths are incorrect from running on my other machine? Finally, at no point does any of this appear to put the proper templates into XCode. Currently I’m unable to build iOS projects created with the Python script (either locally or from another machine) nor can I create a project from scratch as the templates are missing. I realize that this is in “alpha”, but seems like this should be pretty basic functionality!

Ideally I’d like for these projects to get stored on my NAS and then each builder can be accessed from the relevant OS.

Has anyone got this working that can help me out? I don’t mind starting my own thread, but seems like this isn’t a unique issue.

I’ve given up on trying with XCode 4.6.3, downloading OSX 10.8.5 right now and will try XCode 5 to see if that will work any better.

If ANYONE has any insight they can share on how to get a[ny] cocos2d-x project to build in XCode, I’d be thankful for any help I can get!

John can you try to run it like this

python create-multi-platform-projects.py -p mygame -k com.your_company.mygame -l cpp

1 Like

Nite Luo - That creates the correct folders, but the iOS folder won’t compile (for me anyways).

Cat, can you post your compile error?

Just for clarification, I’m just trying to build and deploy the Cocos2d-x default “HelloWorld” program. I’ve run the Python script from both another machine (1st attempt below) and natively on my dev Mac (2nd attempt). Cocos2d-x templates currently don’t show up as an option for new XCode projects, not sure how to install these anymore. The output files of the scripts appears to work fine both ways, but the resulting iOS project folder and project will not compile for me.

This is the error from the code I tried to compile from my NAS:

CompileC /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MyFirstCPGame-aunkekwyvbxtifftprhrakcdlryy/Build/Intermediates/MyFirstCPGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyFirstCPGame.build/Objects-normal/i386/HelloWorldScene.o …/classes/…/Classes/HelloWorldScene.cpp normal i386 c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
cd /Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/MyFirstCPGame/proj.ios
setenv LANG en_US.US-ASCII
setenv PATH “/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin”
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang ~~x c*+ arch i386fmessage-length=0 ~~std=c11 ~~stdlib=libc*+ Wno-trigraphsfpascal-strings O0Wno-missing-field-initializers Wno-missing-prototypesWreturn-type Wno-non-virtual-dtorWno-overloaded-virtual Wno-exit-time-destructorsWformat Wno-missing-bracesWparentheses WswitchWno-unused-function Wno-unused-labelWno-unused-parameter Wunused-variableWunused-value Wno-empty-bodyWno-uninitialized Wno-unknown-pragmasWno-shadow Wno-four-char-constantsWno-conversion Wno-constant-conversionWno-int-conversion Wno-enum-conversionWno-shorten-64-to-32 Wno-newline-eofWno-c11-extensions DUSE_FILE32APIDCC_TARGET_OS_IPHONE DCOCOS2D_DEBUG=1DCC_ENABLE_CHIPMUNK_INTEGRATION=1 isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator6.1.sdkfexceptions fasm-blocksfstrict-aliasing Wdeprecated-declarationsWinvalid-offsetof gWno-sign-conversion mios-simulator-version-min=5.0iquote /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MyFirstCPGame-aunkekwyvbxtifftprhrakcdlryy/Build/Intermediates/MyFirstCPGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyFirstCPGame.build/MyFirstCPGame-generated-files.hmap I/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MyFirstCPGame-aunkekwyvbxtifftprhrakcdlryy/Build/Intermediates/MyFirstCPGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyFirstCPGame.build/MyFirstCPGame-own-target-headers.hmapI/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MyFirstCPGame-aunkekwyvbxtifftprhrakcdlryy/Build/Intermediates/MyFirstCPGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyFirstCPGame.build/MyFirstCPGame-all-target-headers.hmap iquote /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MyFirstCPGame-aunkekwyvbxtifftprhrakcdlryy/Build/Intermediates/MyFirstCPGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyFirstCPGame.build/MyFirstCPGame-project-headers.hmapI/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MyFirstCPGame-aunkekwyvbxtifftprhrakcdlryy/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/include I/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/MyFirstCPGame/proj.ios/…/…/…/CocosDenshion/includeI/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/MyFirstCPGame/proj.ios/…/…/…/external/chipmunk/include/constraints I/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/MyFirstCPGame/proj.ios/…/…/…/external/chipmunk/include/chipmunkI/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/MyFirstCPGame/proj.ios/…/…/…/extensions I/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/MyFirstCPGame/proj.ios/…/…/…/cocos2dx/kazmath/includeI/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/MyFirstCPGame/proj.ios/…/…/…/external I/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/MyFirstCPGame/proj.ios/…/…/…/cocos2dxI/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/MyFirstCPGame/proj.ios/…/…/…/cocos2dx/include I/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/MyFirstCPGame/proj.ios/…/…/…/cocos2dx/platform/third_party/iosI/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/MyFirstCPGame/proj.ios/…/…/…/cocos2dx/platform/ios I/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/MyFirstCPGame/proj.ios/…/…/…/cocos2dx/platform/ios/SimulationI/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MyFirstCPGame-aunkekwyvbxtifftprhrakcdlryy/Build/Intermediates/MyFirstCPGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyFirstCPGame.build/DerivedSources/i386 I/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MyFirstCPGame-aunkekwyvbxtifftprhrakcdlryy/Build/Intermediates/MyFirstCPGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyFirstCPGame.build/DerivedSourcesF/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MyFirstCPGame-aunkekwyvbxtifftprhrakcdlryy/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator O2include /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MyFirstCPGame-aunkekwyvbxtifftprhrakcdlryy/Build/Intermediates/PrecompiledHeaders/Prefix-fhmwvpwqpyhussaxbdpjnomtjjgr/Prefix.pch MMDMT dependencies MF /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MyFirstCPGame-aunkekwyvbxtifftprhrakcdlryy/Build/Intermediates/MyFirstCPGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyFirstCPGame.build/Objects-normal/i386/HelloWorldScene.d —serialize-diagnostics /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MyFirstCPGame-aunkekwyvbxtifftprhrakcdlryy/Build/Intermediates/MyFirstCPGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyFirstCPGame.build/Objects-normal/i386/HelloWorldScene.diac /Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/MyFirstCPGame/proj.ios/…/classes/…/Classes/HelloWorldScene.cpp o /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MyFirstCPGame-aunkekwyvbxtifftprhrakcdlryy/Build/Intermediates/MyFirstCPGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyFirstCPGame.build/Objects-normal/i386/HelloWorldScene.o
clang: error: no such file or directory: ‘/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/MyFirstCPGame/proj.ios/…/classes/…/Classes/HelloWorldScene.cpp’
clang: error: no input files
Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang failed with exit code 1
h2. And this is what I got from trying the same thing completely native on the Mac:
CompileC /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/FirstProjectTest-brsfisildozlijasgqnesyddcnik/Build/Intermediates/FirstProjectTest.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/FirstProjectTest.build/Objects-normal/i386/AppDelegate.o …/classes/…/Classes/AppDelegate.cpp normal i386 c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
cd /Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/FirstProjectTest/proj.ios
setenv PATH “/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin”
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang
x c*+arch i386 fmessage-length=0std=c**11stdlib=libc*+~~Wno-trigraphs fpascal-stringsO0 Wno-missing-field-initializersWno-missing-prototypes Wreturn-typeWno-non-virtual-dtor Wno-overloaded-virtualWno-exit-time-destructors WformatWno-missing-braces WparenthesesWswitch Wno-unused-functionWno-unused-label Wno-unused-parameterWunused-variable Wunused-valueWno-empty-body Wno-uninitializedWno-unknown-pragmas Wno-shadowWno-four-char-constants Wno-conversionWno-constant-conversion Wno-int-conversionWno-enum-conversion Wno-shorten-64-to-32Wno-newline-eof Wno-c++11-extensionsDUSE_FILE32API DCC_TARGET_OS_IPHONEDCOCOS2D_DEBUG=1 DCC_ENABLE_CHIPMUNK_INTEGRATION=1isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator6.1.sdk fexceptionsfasm-blocks fstrict-aliasingWdeprecated-declarations Winvalid-offsetofg Wno-sign-conversionmios-simulator-version-min=5.0 iquote /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/FirstProjectTest-brsfisildozlijasgqnesyddcnik/Build/Intermediates/FirstProjectTest.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/FirstProjectTest.build/FirstProjectTest-generated-files.hmapI/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/FirstProjectTest-brsfisildozlijasgqnesyddcnik/Build/Intermediates/FirstProjectTest.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/FirstProjectTest.build/FirstProjectTest-own-target-headers.hmap I/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/FirstProjectTest-brsfisildozlijasgqnesyddcnik/Build/Intermediates/FirstProjectTest.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/FirstProjectTest.build/FirstProjectTest-all-target-headers.hmapiquote /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/FirstProjectTest-brsfisildozlijasgqnesyddcnik/Build/Intermediates/FirstProjectTest.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/FirstProjectTest.build/FirstProjectTest-project-headers.hmap I/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/FirstProjectTest-brsfisildozlijasgqnesyddcnik/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/includeI/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/FirstProjectTest/proj.ios/…/…/…/CocosDenshion/include I/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/FirstProjectTest/proj.ios/…/…/…/external/chipmunk/include/constraintsI/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/FirstProjectTest/proj.ios/…/…/…/external/chipmunk/include/chipmunk I/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/FirstProjectTest/proj.ios/…/…/…/extensionsI/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/FirstProjectTest/proj.ios/…/…/…/cocos2dx/kazmath/include I/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/FirstProjectTest/proj.ios/…/…/…/externalI/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/FirstProjectTest/proj.ios/…/…/…/cocos2dx I/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/FirstProjectTest/proj.ios/…/…/…/cocos2dx/includeI/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/FirstProjectTest/proj.ios/…/…/…/cocos2dx/platform/third_party/ios I/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/FirstProjectTest/proj.ios/…/…/…/cocos2dx/platform/iosI/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/FirstProjectTest/proj.ios/…/…/…/cocos2dx/platform/ios/Simulation I/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/FirstProjectTest-brsfisildozlijasgqnesyddcnik/Build/Intermediates/FirstProjectTest.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/FirstProjectTest.build/DerivedSources/i386I/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/FirstProjectTest-brsfisildozlijasgqnesyddcnik/Build/Intermediates/FirstProjectTest.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/FirstProjectTest.build/DerivedSources F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/FirstProjectTest-brsfisildozlijasgqnesyddcnik/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulatorO2 include /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/FirstProjectTest-brsfisildozlijasgqnesyddcnik/Build/Intermediates/PrecompiledHeaders/Prefix-amjrergilibmqbeymqlwarhwecsa/Prefix.pchMMD MT dependenciesMF /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/FirstProjectTest-brsfisildozlijasgqnesyddcnik/Build/Intermediates/FirstProjectTest.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/FirstProjectTest.build/Objects-normal/i386/AppDelegate.d —serialize-diagnostics /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/FirstProjectTest-brsfisildozlijasgqnesyddcnik/Build/Intermediates/FirstProjectTest.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/FirstProjectTest.build/Objects-normal/i386/AppDelegate.dia c /Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/FirstProjectTest/proj.ios/…/classes/…/Classes/AppDelegate.cppo /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/FirstProjectTest-brsfisildozlijasgqnesyddcnik/Build/Intermediates/FirstProjectTest.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/FirstProjectTest.build/Objects-normal/i386/AppDelegate.o

clang: error: no such file or directory: ‘/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0-pre/projects/FirstProjectTest/proj.ios/…/classes/…/Classes/AppDelegate.cpp’
clang: error: no input files
Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang failed with exit code 1

From the log, looks like it can’t find HelloWorldScene.cpp and AppDelegate.cpp, can you double check the project and add them to the Classes folder?

They exist in the folders that the Python script created. I’m not sure why XCode isn’t finding them. I suspected it did something strange with it’s own paths, which is why I tried unzipping and installing the cocos2dx on the local machine (my second attempt). Anyways, I hope to have XCode 5 installed by tomorrow and I’ll try installing again with the new alpha release. Hopefully things will go better…

Cat Fang:
I tested cocos2d-x v3.0-alpha0 both with Xcode 4.6.3 and Xcode 5, and it worked ok.

It looks like it’s the iOS path the builder is using is different from the path the installer actually placed it. For example:

clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/projects/Take3Test/proj.ios_mac/../classes/../Classes/AppDelegate.cpp' clang: error: no input files Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang failed with exit code 1

The actual directory with that file is located at:
/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/cocos2d-x3.0alpha0/projects/Take3Test/Classes/AppDelegate.cpp

or what should be by the builder syntax:

/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/projects/Take3Test/proj.ios_mac/…/Classes/AppDelegate.cpp

I don’t know enough about the iOS build process to track down why there is an extra “…/classes” in there, but I’ll be trying. This is using the new alpha just released and Xcode 4.6.3. 5 is still downloading, but hopefully I’ll be able to try that tomorrow.

Okay, got Xcode 5 installed, tried to compile the test project and got:

CompileC /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloCpp-bbwpzjnvyolkqdcglgboxuiyjigj/Build/Intermediates/HelloCpp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/HelloCppiOS.build/Objects-normal/i386/AppController.o ios/AppController.mm normal i386 objective-c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
cd /Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/projects/Take3Test/proj.ios_mac
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang ~~x objective-c*+ arch i386fmessage-length=0 fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stackfmacro-backtrace-limit=0 std=c++11stdlib=libc*+~~Wno-trigraphs fpascal-stringsO0 Wno-missing-field-initializersWno-missing-prototypes Wno-implicit-atomic-propertiesWno-receiver-is-weak Wno-arc-repeated-use-of-weakWno-non-virtual-dtor Wno-overloaded-virtualWno-exit-time-destructors Wno-missing-bracesWparentheses WswitchWno-unused-function Wno-unused-labelWno-unused-parameter Wunused-variableWunused-value Wno-empty-bodyWno-uninitialized Wno-unknown-pragmasWno-shadow Wno-four-char-constantsWno-conversion Wno-constant-conversionWno-int-conversion Wno-bool-conversionWno-enum-conversion Wno-shorten-64-to-32Wno-newline-eof Wno-selectorWno-strict-selector-match Wno-undeclared-selectorWno-deprecated-implementations Wno-c++11-extensionsDUSE_FILE32API DCC_TARGET_OS_IPHONEDCOCOS2D_DEBUG=1 DCC_ENABLE_CHIPMUNK_INTEGRATION=1isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator7.0.sdk fexceptionsfasm-blocks fstrict-aliasingWprotocol Wdeprecated-declarationsWinvalid-offsetof gWno-sign-conversion fobjc-abi-version=2fobjc-legacy-dispatch mios-simulator-version-min=5.0iquote /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloCpp-bbwpzjnvyolkqdcglgboxuiyjigj/Build/Intermediates/HelloCpp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/HelloCppiOS.build/HelloCppiOS-generated-files.hmap I/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloCpp-bbwpzjnvyolkqdcglgboxuiyjigj/Build/Intermediates/HelloCpp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/HelloCppiOS.build/HelloCppiOS-own-target-headers.hmapI/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloCpp-bbwpzjnvyolkqdcglgboxuiyjigj/Build/Intermediates/HelloCpp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/HelloCppiOS.build/HelloCppiOS-all-target-headers.hmap iquote /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloCpp-bbwpzjnvyolkqdcglgboxuiyjigj/Build/Intermediates/HelloCpp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/HelloCppiOS.build/HelloCppiOS-project-headers.hmapI/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloCpp-bbwpzjnvyolkqdcglgboxuiyjigj/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/include I/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/projects/Take3Test/proj.ios_mac/…/…/…/CocosDenshion/includeI/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/projects/Take3Test/proj.ios_mac/…/…/…/external/chipmunk/include/constraints I/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/projects/Take3Test/proj.ios_mac/…/…/…/external/chipmunk/include/chipmunkI/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/projects/Take3Test/proj.ios_mac/…/…/…/extensions I/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/projects/Take3Test/proj.ios_mac/…/…/…/cocos2dx/kazmath/includeI/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/projects/Take3Test/proj.ios_mac/…/…/…/external I/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/projects/Take3Test/proj.ios_mac/…/…/…/cocos2dxI/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/projects/Take3Test/proj.ios_mac/…/…/…/cocos2dx/include I/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/projects/Take3Test/proj.ios_mac/…/…/…/cocos2dx/platform/third_party/iosI/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/projects/Take3Test/proj.ios_mac/…/…/…/cocos2dx/platform/ios I/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/projects/Take3Test/proj.ios_mac/…/…/…/cocos2dx/platform/ios/SimulationI/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloCpp-bbwpzjnvyolkqdcglgboxuiyjigj/Build/Intermediates/HelloCpp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/HelloCppiOS.build/DerivedSources/i386 I/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloCpp-bbwpzjnvyolkqdcglgboxuiyjigj/Build/Intermediates/HelloCpp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/HelloCppiOS.build/DerivedSourcesF/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloCpp-bbwpzjnvyolkqdcglgboxuiyjigj/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator include /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloCpp-bbwpzjnvyolkqdcglgboxuiyjigj/Build/Intermediates/PrecompiledHeaders/Prefix-aiqpttcuijfocqeekbaigiwcayab/Prefix.pchMMD MT dependenciesMF /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloCpp-bbwpzjnvyolkqdcglgboxuiyjigj/Build/Intermediates/HelloCpp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/HelloCppiOS.build/Objects-normal/i386/AppController.d —serialize-diagnostics /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloCpp-bbwpzjnvyolkqdcglgboxuiyjigj/Build/Intermediates/HelloCpp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/HelloCppiOS.build/Objects-normal/i386/AppController.dia c /Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/projects/Take3Test/proj.ios_mac/ios/AppController.mmo /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloCpp-bbwpzjnvyolkqdcglgboxuiyjigj/Build/Intermediates/HelloCpp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/HelloCppiOS.build/Objects-normal/i386/AppController.o

/Volumes/projects/Cocos2d-x/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/cocos2d-x-3.0alpha0/projects/Take3Test/proj.ios_mac/ios/AppController.mm:4:9: fatal error: ‘AppDelegate.h’ file not found
#import “AppDelegate.h”
^
1 error generated.

I think I’m give this one more day of trying to fix then I might have to move my project to Unity. I can handle reworking the code to the new API and names (spent a couple of hours trying to get rid of all the warnings generated in VS2012 by “deprecated” code), but the fact that the fairly simple default code won’t build in XCode at all out of the box is a bit too much for me. Thanks to all that tried to help!

Cat, I think you should try 2.2 version, because 3.0 is still in alpha which means it will have bugs.
http://www.cocos2d-x.org/download_versions/14/cocos2d-x-2.2.zip

Unity is cool, but it’s not really build for 2d games.

Cat Fang:
v3.0-alpha0 works with Xcode 5.
Please, describe the needed steps to reproduce the error.

• From where did you download the file ?
  • Which project are you compiling ? (full path)
  • did you change any settings ?
  • etc…

And also, please consider using

when posting logs. It is much easier to read them. thanks.