How to get rid of bottom margine of android screen

I’m using 320X480 resources for both android and iphone.

But for android 480X800 WVGA devices, both upper and lower sides leave black margin.

And I want to know if it’s possible to pull down the game view to the bottom only leaving the top margin…?

If it’s possible, the top margin’s height would be doubled, but that’s ok for my app.

And… if it’s not possible,
is there any way to measure the bottom margin’s height, if the margin exists…?

Please tell me how.

Read this

It’s either you’re scaling your resources or you’re using “Show All” for your DesignResolutionSize.

Uhm…

What I want to do is pull down the game view to bottom, maintaining the original aspect ratio.

Well, I obviously didn’t get your question lol.

The easiest (and laziest) solution I can think of is moving your main CCLayer downwards. It would cause all its child to move down with it. You can do that by using the setPosition( ) method. By default, the CCLayer is located at ( 0, 0 ) and its anchor point is in the lower left corner.

Lance Gray wrote:

Well, I obviously didn’t get your question lol.
>
The easiest (and laziest) solution I can think of is moving your main CCLayer downwards. It would cause all its child to move down with it. You can do that by using the setPosition( ) method. By default, the CCLayer is located at ( 0, 0 ) and its anchor point is in the lower left corner.

Well… I guess moving CCLayer can’t be effective… it’s moving only inside the game view (I don’t know what to call it), not affecting top or bottom margine…

Can you post screenshots so that we can see what this “margin” is?

Sorry. My English is not very good.

Here is Walzer Wang’s comment in other post.

“For example, your resource is made in 480x320 pixels, and you enable this line view->create(480,320). When the game runs on 800x480 WVGA devices, it will rendered as 720x480 pixels, and leave 40 pixels at left & right.”

Maybe you’ll understand what I mean.