how to avoid the blink while move a big size texture(like 640*960)in cocos2d-x

when i use CCMoveTo action with a big size texture, the moving texture is always blinking.
how to avoid this problem?

Only big size texture causes this problem?
What codes did you write?
What is the engine version?
What device did you test on?

engine: cocos2d-1.0.1-x-0.12.0 @ Mar 05, 2012
device:the new ipad
code write in lua: add a big texture to a layer, and move the layer from position a to b and reverse and repeat is forever, then the texture is blinking during the moving action
currently, it only happen with big textures

not correct in ipad2 too

I’m not entirely sure what is wrong, but it sounds like a flickering issue that happens to the newer devices: iPad2 and iPhone 4GS.

Try using the following function: CCDirector::sharedDirector()->setDepthTest(false);

I’ve had this flickering issue for a project that I was working on. On the newer devices when the view scrolled, the UI elements would start flickering and on occcassion the background image as well.

Emmanuel B. wrote:

I’m not entirely sure what is wrong, but it sounds like a flickering issue that happens to the newer devices: iPad2 and iPhone 4GS.
>
Try using the following function: CCDirector::sharedDirector->setDepthTest;
>
I’ve had this flickering issue for a project that I was working on. On the newer devices when the view scrolled, the UI elements would start flickering and on occcassion the background image as well.

Man ! Works for me

Thanks !

Yes ! A lot of thanks ! Since the start of the afternoon I have searched for this solution :slight_smile:

Have same issue with iPhone5.
Setting projection to kCCDirectorProjection2D solved problem.

pDirector->setProjection(kCCDirectorProjection2D);

Perhaps it would be useful for anybody.

Thanks for the tip. I’m also curious why 2D projection is not the default mode in 2d engine which cocos2d-x is?