HelloCpp Sample project Error

Hi , I just did all the steps explained in the [[http://www.cocos2d-x.org/wiki/How_to_set_up_the_android_cocos2d-x_development_environment_on_Windows_7]]

but in the end i got a error that the java version 1.5 is not valid it need 1.6 or something like that , i changed the JAVA compiler from 1.6 to 1.5 and then the project recompiled and error removed voila !

But later on when i tried to run the project in my android device the program hellocpp again compiled and showed errors in compilation like this —>

[2013-12-24 18:03:54 - HelloCpp]     (skipping file '.gitignore' due to ANDROID_AAPT_IGNORE pattern '.*')
[2013-12-24 18:03:54 - HelloCpp]       Unable to add 'C:\Gamedevelopment\cocos2d-x-2.2.1\samples\Cpp\HelloCpp\proj.android\assets\fonts\Marker Felt.ttf': Zip add failed
[2013-12-24 18:03:54 - HelloCpp] ERROR: unable to process assets while packaging 'C:\Gamedevelopment\cocos2d-x-2.2.1\samples\Cpp\HelloCpp\proj.android\bin\resources.ap_'
[2013-12-24 18:03:54 - HelloCpp] ERROR: packaging of 'C:\Gamedevelopment\cocos2d-x-2.2.1\samples\Cpp\HelloCpp\proj.android\bin\resources.ap_' failed

Please help me in this i am stuck for about three days in this with the helloCpp project and setting up of Cocos2d-x on my machine , if it took 3 –4 days to setting it up i dont know how much time it will take to make a game out of it.:frowning:

[2013-12-30 17:42:02 - HelloCpp] (skipping file ‘.gitignore’ due to ANDROID_AAPT_IGNORE pattern ‘.*’)
[2013-12-30 17:42:02 - HelloCpp] Unable to add ‘E:2d-x-2.2.1\cocos2d-x-2.2.1\samples\Cpp\HelloCpp\proj.android\assets\app.icf’: Zip add failed
[2013-12-30 17:42:02 - HelloCpp] ERROR: unable to process assets while packaging ‘E:2d-x-2.2.1\cocos2d-x-2.2.1\samples\Cpp\HelloCpp\proj.android\bin\resources.ap*’
ERROR: packaging of ’E:2d-x-2.2.1\cocos2d-x-2.2.1\samples\Cpp\HelloCpp\proj.android\bin\resources.ap*’ failed
[2013-12-30 17:42:02 - Dex Loader] Unable to execute dex: java.nio.BufferOverflowException. Check the Eclipse log for stack trace.
[2013-12-30 17:42:02 - HelloCpp] Conversion to Dalvik format failed: Unable to execute dex: java.nio.BufferOverflowException. Check the Eclipse log for stack trace.

Same error,cocos2d-x-2.2.1
eclipse is run as Administrator,
no compile error.

hi~ I know how to get over this problem.

Unable to add ‘D:2d-2.1beta3-x-2.1.1\samples\Javascript\MoonWarriors\proj.android\assets\res\arial-14.GlyphProject’: Zip add failed
Unable to add ‘D:2d-2.1beta3-x-2.1.1\samples\Javascript\MoonWarriors\proj.android\assets\res\arial-14.fnt’: Zip add failed
org.cocos2dx.moonwarriors.MoonWarriors] ERROR: unable to process assets while packaging ‘D:2d-2.1beta3-x-2.1.1\samples\Javascript\MoonWarriors\proj.android\bin\resources.ap*’
org.cocos2dx.moonwarriors.MoonWarriors] ERROR: packaging of ’D:2d-2.1beta3-x-2.1.1\samples\Javascript\MoonWarriors\proj.android\bin\resources.ap*’ failed

$ cd “D:2d-2.1beta3-x-2.1.1\samples\Javascript\MoonWarriors\proj.android”
$ ls la assets
$ chmod
R 755 assets

Wish you good luck!

Erro: your process of create project is too old

You should Create project like this way:

Step1:
Download the latest Cocos2d-x:

Or the stable version at the official site:

http://www.cocos2d-x.org/download

Choose by preference but note that going with the latter means you won’t be able to experience the latest features. My suggestion is to download git tools and clone to local to update.

Step2:

goto the path cocos2d-x\tools\project-creator with cmd terminal.

you can create project by command:(python’s environment is required)

python create_project.py -p GameName -k Test -t org.cocos2dx.gameName -l cpp

ps.if encountered with the error below, turn on the terminal and update the submodule.

Divyanshu Negi wrote:

Hi , I just did all the steps explained in the [[http://www.cocos2d-x.org/wiki/How_to_set_up_the_android_cocos2d-x_development_environment_on_Windows_7]]
>
but in the end i got a error that the java version 1.5 is not valid it need 1.6 or something like that , i changed the JAVA compiler from 1.6 to 1.5 and then the project recompiled and error removed voila !
>
But later on when i tried to run the project in my android device the program hellocpp again compiled and showed errors in compilation like this —>
>
[…]
>
Please help me in this i am stuck for about three days in this with the helloCpp project and setting up of Cocos2d-x on my machine , if it took 3 –4 days to setting it up i dont know how much time it will take to make a game out of it.:frowning: