hi all. i got weird random crash in cocos engine (which is modified err a lil bit for our game) on some android devices ( xiaomi2 and xiaomi2s which we currently have tested on)
when i start the main lua procedure codes, it has chances to crash within several seconds.
the weird thing is it happens on distributions with some certain game-platform-sdks such as UC/anzhi/xiaomi when not on others (91 etc..).
i know there is a known bug in luajit 2.0.1 ( see http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.lua.luajit/2133 ), and it’s announced to be fixed in 2.0.2. and it is said to be related to JIT and __clear_cache implementation in different android libc runtime.
so i try to turn off JIT feature by jit.off(). some users reported that they can now play the game normally, but still some claims crashes.
now is the situation : we test mainly on xiaomi2 and xiaomi2s,
Luajit 2.0.1 with JIT on/off —> crashes happens.
Luajit 2.0.2 with JIT on —> crashes happens
Luajit 2.0.2 with JIT off —> no crashes yet but not sure
the point is , i have no idea how to identify the bug. and we are not sure whether the bug goes away with 2.0.2 JIT off. since it’s a pain for an MMORPG to distribute a force-update package (the user-loss is not affordable) , widely test-by-user is not a valid choice.
so i am here for help , please. could anyone who knows about the bug give advices. thanks a lot .