[glfw3.h] No such file or directory...CCEGLView.h 3.0beta2

Hi all
I knew about cocos2d-x about two weeks ago and started. So far, I haven’t got anything running yet. I saw HelloWorld only one day.

I’ve been struggling with issue for a week now. I really want to start my project so if anyone knows or has idea how to resolve this problem. Please share.

before I begin, my OS is Win7
ndk-r9c
cocos2d-x-3.0beta2
python33
and I use Eclipse

I fixed the problem from build_native.py where print “something” should be in () so I edited them to be print (“something”)
and there was seperator problem at line number 140
so i indenteded them well. So build_native.py is works (but still gives an error about glfw3.h)

I fixed indentation of Android.mk with variable LOCAL_SRC_FILES where the indentation is not in TABS but 8 spaces. After I did this, build_native.py started to compile

Above took me about 5 days. So don’t want to waste my time this time. Please super developers help me OUT!! please:::

build_native.py gave me an following error:
cocos2d-x-3.0beta2\projects\MyGame\proj.android…/cocos2d\cocos\2d\platform\desktop\CCEGLView.h:31:19: fatal error: glfw3.h: No such file or directory
#include “glfw3.h”

So I searched where glfw3.h is. it was in \external\glfw3\include\win32(and mac). So I opened CCEGLView.h and replaced glfw3.h with “blah\win32\glfw.h”

it didn’t give me missing glfw3.h error but gave me this:
win32\glfw3.h:162:23: fatal error: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory
#include <GL/gl.h>

I searched where gl.h is but I couldn’t find it under cocos2d-x-3.0beta2 but there was GL folder at about 7 locations.

I couldn’t do anything by myself from this point. So i’m asking you for a help.

I don’t know what’s happening. All I wanted to see is HelloWorld with ailen-looking-coco smiling at me (may be not smiling). I attached screenshots that might be helpful if you have a look at it

Summary:
glfw3.h is missing from CCEGLView.h

screenshots.egg.zip (314.2 KB)

this is the same problem:

go to http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17768008/how-to-build-install-glfw-3-and-use-it-in-a-linux-project and install GLFW3l and make again

1 Like

I installed glfw but the flag is -lgflw3 but not -lgflw.
Is there any way to change it from -lgflw to -lgflw3 during compilation on linux?

Linking CXX executable bin/MyGame
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lglfw
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [bin/MyGame] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/MyGame.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

This helped me http://www.wizardvanblog.com/blog/cocos-2d-x-30-cceglviewh-fatal-error-glfw3h-no-such-file-or-directory/