Game rejected on play store due SDKBOX

Hi

Few hours ago I’ve received this mail from google:

After review, , (Version Code ), has been removed from Google Play because it violates our personal and sensitive information policy. This app won’t be available to users until you submit a compliant update.

Here’s how you can submit your app for another review:

Review the Personal and Sensitive Information policy and make the necessary changes to your app. Your app is using the SDKBox SDK or library, which facilitates the transmission of user-installed app information without conspicuous disclosure.
Make sure your app is compliant with the User Data policy and all other policies listed in the Developer Program Policies. Remember that additional enforcement could occur if there are further policy issues with your apps.
Sign in to your Developer Console and upload the modified, policy compliant APK. Make sure to increment the version number of the APK.
Submit your app.
You can consult your SDK provider(s) for further information if necessary.

If approved, your app will again be available with all installs, ratings, and reviews intact.

I’ve checked out my code when I uploaded that version, and this is the SDKBOX version/plugins I was using (to avoid any change, I answered ‘no’ when SDKBOX asked to update himself):

sdkbox info
   _______ ______  _     _ ______   _____  _     _
   |______ |     \ |____/  |_____] |     |  \___/
   ______| |_____/ |    \_ |_____] |_____| _/   \_
  Copyright (c) 2015 SDKBOX Inc. v1.0.0.15
 A newer version of SDKBOX is available, would you like to update v1.0.0.15 to v1.0.0.16?
 Type [Y]es, [n]o or [q]uit
 n
  installed packages:
      v2.2.4.14 googleanalytics
      v2.2.4.14 admob
      v2.2.4.14 chartboost
      v2.2.4.14 googleplayservices
      v2.2.4.14 review

Any clue if there has been any change in SDKBOX regarding to google policy? I’d like to be sure before uploading it again as i didn’t like the Remember that additional enforcement could occur if there are further policy issues with your apps.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Game was released using cocos2d-x v3.11.1

Please update to the latest version of SDKBOX

yeah check there was simmilar post about this.

Are you sure its fixed in this release? Didn’t It just come out a few hours ago? I am about to release my app in a week or two and really would not like to deal with google breathing down my neck. Was it an issue with sdkbox v1.0.0.15 or just the individual plugin versions?

Continuing the discussion from Game rejected on play store due SDKBOX:

If you mean [Google keep complain about SDKBOX violation of User Data][1], in that post @bhonzo claims that:

yes versions from 2.2.4+ solve sthe issue

And that’s the one I’m using in my rejected game (2.2.4.14). That’s why I was asking. Anyway, I’ll try to update it today with latest SDKBOX version + some minor bug fixes and see how it goes.

Do you know for sure if they recheck my game if it violates their personal information policy before approving it, or they just give OK to the new binary and I may be ‘surprised’ again with a new rejection in a few weeks?
[1]: Google keep complain about SDKBOX violation of User Data

Game uploaded and already published to store again.Seems like it has been an automatic process, not sure if it has already been checked for policy violation or not.

How long was your app on the play store/ submitted before it was rejected? Please do keep us updated on any new developments. I think we should all make clear in our privacy policies that sdkbox collects personal information, with apps like pokemon go and facebook practically spying on people I don’t see why they have to make such a fuss about sdkbox. Also would be safest to add a privacy policy button within the app itself.

It was submitted on July, 8 2016 and rejected on August 25. My privacy policy has a link to sdkbox policy (also links to admob, google analytics & charboost policies). Agree that it makes nonsense messing with sdkbox when others collects tons of data, but hey, others make tons of dollars too, rejecting them wouldn’t be nice for google either. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My game lacks the privacy button, I don’t like buttons that open external apps or links, but if I’ve to add it, I’ll do.

I’ll update this post if game is rejected again.

Thanks

Another question, did you have any problems with apple (if you uploaded to apple)? I want to know if this Is a google play-specific issue and whether the app store has any problem with sdkbox (I’ve heard about IAP issues but that’s mostly technical)

@jgdev My game hasn’t been released to app store until this week, so sadly I can’t test if there is the same issue with apple as it has been uploaded with latest sdkbox version.

Just to name how much fun I’m having by this, yesterday I received an e-mail from admob arguing that as my game had been removed from google play, they have disabled banner publishing in my app:

GOOGLE PLAY REMOVAL: AdMob publishers are not permitted to abuse or promote the abuse of any Google product, such as Google Play, YouTube, or Blogger. This includes circumventing, or providing the means to circumvent, the policies or terms of these or other Google products, such as by allowing users to download YouTube videos.

If your app is removed by Google Play policy enforcement, please contact Google Play about an app removal here. If Google Play reinstates your app, please submit an appeal to our team.

Funny thing is that I’ve got this e-mail/banishment 48 hours after my game was re-accepted in google play. Now, I’m waiting their answer, but checking other ad networks as I’m not happy with this.

Really sorry about what happened to your app, if you can give us the link of your app we’ll also help you contact Admob.

Thanks @nite. There is no need to help. as stated in previous post, I filled the appeal and today my admob account has been fully reactivated. I don’t have that much of users, so not a big monetary loss either :relaxed:

I’m sharing this info just to warn rest of developers what might happen if game gets rejected.

Has version 2.3.0.8 been submitted and verified to be within Google’s policies? I would hope this verification step is taken before releasing each new version.

We did verify with google for 2.3.0.8, it’s just we want to get developer’s feedback just to be sure, now that couple developers confirms they pass the google review, it should be good.

1 Like