Feedbacks of v3.0-beta

I compiled and run testlua successfully.
I expected testcpp to run but it failed.
I am compiling on window 7, using eclipse and ndk-r9.
Running on an Asus TF700T with android 4.2.1
The application displays a blank screen and terminates
Included is the a log cat.
I hope this may help.
Andre
PS: this version looks very good thank for all the work.

Thanks for the logcat log Andre.

Android is working OK for me (tried on Nexus 7, Galaxy S4 and old Asus Tablet), but I haven’t tried it an Asus TF700T yet.
I’ll try to test it on that tablet.

Hey guys!
Nice to meet you all.
This is my first post here.

I’m trying to run 3.0-beta samples for iOS, but I cannot find *.xcodeproj files to open.
I have installed CMAKE and run all CMakeList.txt files but not Xcode projects were generated.
Please, help!

Thanks!

Nickolay Loshchinin wrote:

Hey guys!
Nice to meet you all.
This is my first post here.
>
I’m trying to run 3.0-beta samples for iOS, but I cannot find *.xcodeproj files to open.
I have installed CMAKE and run all CMakeList.txt files but not Xcode projects were generated.
Please, help!
>
Thanks!

Did you see the xcodeproj file in the ‘build’ folder? In there you’ll find a project file that contains all samples.

masking with blending is not working properly. Worked on alpha1. Attached is the code.

Is there any modifications needed for masking code?

h zt wrote:

hello! I transplant the label from 3.0 beta to 2.1.5, but I found the label has some problems about position and layout, I tested it in 3.0 beta , it has the same problem.
Thanks!

I have also been having problems with Label position, is it the same one I posted here?

I think you can use ClippingNode it will achieve the same effect as the masking.

auto containerSprite = ClippingNode::create(maskSprite);
    containerSprite->setAlphaThreshold(0);
    containerSprite->addChild(sprite);
    addChild(containerSprite);

Herman To wrote:

masking with blending is not working properly. Worked on alpha1. Attached is the code.
>

psycohk - wrote:

Minggo Zhang wrote:
> psycohk - wrote:
> > Eric Wo wrote:
> > > Jonathan Yeung wrote:
> > > > 2. The project creator created android project is not CDT project when I import into Eclipse. There is still no clue for me as of now even I add back the C++ support. For sure I can use command to build the project but it will be better if it can also be done in Eclipse.
> > >
> > > I met the same question with you. It cannot work as v3.0 alpha when I import my project or sample in Eclipse on v3.0 beta. How to fix it?
> >
> > Now I am working with using the command line to build the project. Even it cannot be built, for “Run” is fine.
> > Even I tried to add back the old .cproject but it cannot help.
> > Just a little bit inconvenient but has to wait if there is any suggestions coming.
>
> The reason we removed CDT support is that. It will build samples automatically when opening Eclipse, because i often have all samples in Eclipse project. It will take a few minutes after i can use it. It is boring.
>
:smiley:
Interesting. But mainly for 3.0beta, the project structure will become separated with samples again.
And usually for the developer at work, it is a must to remove sample from working repository to keep the project clean.
Can you provide the instructions to add back CDT by ourselves?

May be we should enable it in template. Right?

I run cocos2d-x 3.0 bate DEMO on HUAWEI C8813, then screen turn black.
May be the new renderer not support that device,
more detail please check the log file.

in cocos2d-x-3.0beta, i tried TestCpp project, and i couldn’t load config-example.plist, i debugged and i saw FileUtils couldn’t get absolute path of file

and when i try build project and see this bug

CopyPlistFile /Users/apple/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TestCppV31-dgmjuykrcbrdorcnmqogxqblbsmq/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/TestCppV31\ iOS.app/qipao01.plist /Volumes/Working/Workspace/Study-Cocos2dx/TestCppV31/Resources/scenetest/BackgroundComponentTest/Particles/qipao01.plist
cd /Volumes/Working/Workspace/Study-Cocos2dx/TestCppV31/proj.ios_mac
setenv PATH “/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin”
builtin-copyPlist --convert binary1 --outdir /Users/apple/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TestCppV31-dgmjuykrcbrdorcnmqogxqblbsmq/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/TestCppV31\ iOS.app – /Volumes/Working/Workspace/Study-Cocos2dx/TestCppV31/Resources/scenetest/BackgroundComponentTest/Particles/qipao01.plist

error: failed to remove /Users/apple/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TestCppV31-dgmjuykrcbrdorcnmqogxqblbsmq/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/TestCppV31 iOS.app/qipao01.plist: “qipao01.plist” couldn’t be removed.

I tried to mask a SpriteBatchNode with ClippingNode, the background becomes white. Anyone know why?

Attached is the screenshot

Nite Luo wrote:

I think you can use ClippingNode it will achieve the same effect as the masking.

auto containerSprite = ClippingNode::create(maskSprite);
    containerSprite->setAlphaThreshold(0);
    containerSprite->addChild(sprite);
    addChild(containerSprite);

Herman To wrote:

It seems, the white color is the color of my mask sprite. If I clip just a simple Sprite, the mask/stencil node is not rendered which how it should work.

So is it some kind of a bug in ClippingNode if it takes a SpriteBatchNode as child?

honyeung lau wrote:

I run cocos2d-x 3.0 bate DEMO on HUAWEI C8813, then screen turn black.
May be the new renderer not support that device,
more detail please check the log file.

Which demo did you test?

Dung Ta Van wrote:

in cocos2d-x-3.0beta, i tried TestCpp project, and i couldn’t load config-example.plist, i debugged and i saw FileUtils couldn’t get absolute path of file

and when i try build project and see this bug

CopyPlistFile /Users/apple/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TestCppV31-dgmjuykrcbrdorcnmqogxqblbsmq/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/TestCppV31 iOS.app/qipao01.plist /Volumes/Working/Workspace/Study-Cocos2dx/TestCppV31/Resources/scenetest/BackgroundComponentTest/Particles/qipao01.plist
cd /Volumes/Working/Workspace/Study-Cocos2dx/TestCppV31/proj.ios_mac
setenv PATH “/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin”
builtin-copyPlist --convert binary1 --outdir /Users/apple/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TestCppV31-dgmjuykrcbrdorcnmqogxqblbsmq/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/TestCppV31 iOS.app – /Volumes/Working/Workspace/Study-Cocos2dx/TestCppV31/Resources/scenetest/BackgroundComponentTest/Particles/qipao01.plist

error: failed to remove /Users/apple/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TestCppV31-dgmjuykrcbrdorcnmqogxqblbsmq/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/TestCppV31 iOS.app/qipao01.plist: “qipao01.plist” couldn’t be removed.

Did you met error just run TestCpp?
What’s your environment?

AllAtOnce Touch detection. V3.0

Event->stopPropagation works not as expected.
Stopping propagation in leaf sprite I still receive events at root node.

I copied

// If the event was stopped, return directly.
			if (event->isStopped())
			{
				updateListeners(event);
				return false;
			}

also before the Switch in CCEventDispatcher::dispatchTouchEvent(EventTouch* event)

and have got the expected behaviour. But I am not sure is correct or not. Probably there should be more gracefull workaround.

PS: I agree all dat decoupling work you made with v3.0 is pretty nice. But I experience:

1. it is not comfortable to create numerous EventListenerTouchAllAtOnce and attaching it to numerous sprites.

2. RenderCommands are too raw to use. For me it was easier to extend Sprite class and use QuadCommand to display 3D than to understand how to use custom command efficiently :frowning:
    But detaching render - it is must have. indeed. Please, show must go on! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your feedback. I will check it.

Oleksiy Alyeksyeyev wrote:

AllAtOnce Touch detection. V3.0

Event->stopPropagation works not as expected.
Stopping propagation in leaf sprite I still receive events at root node.

I copied

// If the event was stopped, return directly.
			if (event->isStopped())
			{
				updateListeners(event);
				return false;
			}

also before the Switch in CCEventDispatcher::dispatchTouchEvent(EventTouch* event)

and have got the expected behaviour. But I am not sure is correct or not. Probably there should be more gracefull workaround.

PS: I agree all dat decoupling work you made with v3.0 is pretty nice. But I experience:

1. it is not comfortable to create numerous EventListenerTouchAllAtOnce and attaching it to numerous sprites.

2. RenderCommands are too raw to use. For me it was easier to extend Sprite class and use QuadCommand to display 3D than to understand how to use custom command efficiently :frowning:
    But detaching render - it is must have. indeed. Please, show must go on! :slight_smile:

Hi Oleksiy Alyeksyeyev,
The issue was created at http://cocos2d-x.org/issues/3871 .
And it was fixed at https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/pull/5257.
Thanks.

Hello,
We develop a new project and I would like a clear reponce.
Which version do you advise v2.x or v3.x? :;qst
And you can argue this answer?
Sincerely, :wink:

Gabriel

Gabriel Kevers wrote:

Hello,
We develop a new project and I would like a clear reponce.
Which version do you advise v2.x or v3.x? :;qst

Gabriel, we are in the beginning of new project too. I decided to use v3.0 bacause:

1. I believe they will clean up it up to production before our project finish.
    That is confirmed by speed they fixed the bug I posted recently.
  2. I believe I can fix most of the bugs I will encounter by myself. So it keeps me safe a bit
  3. I am sure work they have made and will made with render will improve the prefomance greatly (hey, boyz, comlpete your’s todos in da render cpps :)). That will help us give players better experience.
  4. I was able to run test projects on my iPad and Windows pretty fast. Yes, there are some issues with platform tools in VS2013, but it is not a disaster.
    5) It uses C++ - in theory the best adequate tool to drive the fps to the sky. it is not v2 vs v3 option :frowning:

Hi,

I tried to launch samples/Cpp/HelloCpp with Cocos2d-x 3.0beta2 on Android 4.3, Galaxy Nexus, using Android NDK r9c. I got a lot of assert message from CCQuadCommand, the new renderer.

D/cocos2d-x debug info( 4817): Assert failed: ShaderID is greater than 2^10
E/cocos2d-x assert( 4817): /private/tmp/cocos2d-x-3.0beta2/build/../cocos/2d/renderer/CCQuadCommand.cpp function:generateMaterialID line:64
D/cocos2d-x debug info( 4817): Assert failed: TextureID is greater than 2^18
E/cocos2d-x assert( 4817): /private/tmp/cocos2d-x-3.0beta2/build/../cocos/2d/renderer/CCQuadCommand.cpp function:generateMaterialID line:66

HelloCpp works find on iPhone 4.