Feature Request: Visual Studio Window Dock within Editor

Hi @nantas, @jare

Don’t know if this is possible , but would it be possible to have the ability to use VS within the Editor, instead of opening another window. Right now, I have 2 windows open, one for VS and Cocos Creator Editor.? Any thoughts? Thanks and God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

It is not possible…

Hi @jare

Thanks for the response, can I still use the old editor, the one that came with Cocos Creator, before 1.6 update. Would I need to install it, as an extension? Thanks again for answering…God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

CocosCreator > Preferences > Data Editor > External Script Editor

Set to “Internal”. Its still an option in my install of CC 1.6

That editor is so utterly broken though (on Mac at least) that using it is not an option. Cut & Paste doesn’t work, neither does integrated debugging. Its just bad.

Hi @farproc

Thanks for the help. but I tried that, and it opens in another editor ( brackets ) ? So my question is to @ jare, is that Cocos Creator 1.6, no longer comes with old internal editor? God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

No, no internal editor anymore. You can not install it as an extension, you should use external script editor. :sob:

Hi @jare,
:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved: I really missed that editor…Even though, a lot of people like VS Studio, I really enjoyed using that simple / but effective editor.…Thanks…God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

I highly encourage you to try VSCode. It is awesome to program and debug without having to use Creator window (just have it open on background).
And you with VSCode you can integrate awesome plugins to:

• beautify your code
  • code bookmarks
  • code metrics (complexity calculation).
  • great integration with git
  • easily add doc/comments
  • js-patterns
  • SonarQube integration
  • Build tasks/automaton
  • JSHint

and so on… :slight_smile: