Facebook SDK wrapper for Cocos2dx

Hi All,

Our team is developing a game using Cocos2dx and we were wondering if there is a Facebook SDK wrapper for Cocos2dx that saves us time on writing native code for each platform. I saw someone mentioned in a thread that they are working on a wrapper a couple of year ago. But, I couldn’t find it after searching on Google.

1 Like

I have looked as well, but did not find anything available without writing native code for each platform.

Currently we don’t have FB integration built in. Please review the 3.3 and 3.4 Wish List topic as there has been a long discussion about Social, Ads, IAP integrations.

1 Like

My only hope is that we don’t get locked into a single way of doing things with those integrations.

I think that the devs realize the need for flexibility when integrating these types of features. It’s been discussed a lot. I think the vision is to provide a mechanism that keeps the integration simple and elegant.

Hello @slackmoehrle !
And you do have information on how soon we can get the support of Facebook?

I don’t at this time. I’ll ping a few folks and see if they have any timelines yet. Right now I know the focus is on getting v3.3 out.

Here’s one implementation I’ve read about, but haven’t had the opportunity to try: https://github.com/hiepnd/Screw

1 Like

Did some testing of this, definitely someone put a lot of work into it.

I found some humor in these namespaces as well, good times.

screw::facebook::AppRequests

That’s how I feel too =)

yeah, the namespacing cracked me up.

So does this “Screw” wrapper work?