Facebook plugin canPresentWithFBApp function not working - always returns false

Hello,

I’m using the 2.3.7.10 version of the Facebook plugin. Previously I had trouble using the facebook app with the correct keyhash on Android, but it seems that now the problem has fixed by itself (was probably something in the sdk).

However now that I am able to login with the facebook app it seems that when I try to share a photo the canPresentWithFBApp function always returns false even though if I remove it and share with the dialog function it works.

The reason I’m writing for this bug is because I had an if statement as the share function doesn’t allow adding comments to a screenshot. The dialog function allows comments, but requires the facebook app to be installed on the device. This is where the canPresentWithFBApp function comes to play and since it seems to return false even the app is installed I have no way of knowing which function for sharing to use.

P.S. If the function checks for the facebook app by name, I am using the Facebook Lite app and this might be a reason why it doesn’t work, so it should probably check for the standard and lite version of the app as they both support the share functionality.

confirm.

canPresentWithFBApp can not works with facebook lite app on android.

Let me find a solution.

Just wanted to say that it seems that with the new version of SDKBOX (2.3.8) you can share photos with comments even without having the Facebook App (atleast on Android, iOS will probably be the same), so I’ll just always call the dialog method.