Facebook Plug-In Common Usage

Hi All,

I would like to ask common usage about Facebook plug-in of SDKBOX. I looked around the forum and could not see much information. My question is about onSharedCancel event which is called for sharing via Facebook app. I have read a post referenced in this forum states that Facebook force SVC (Safari View Controller) for login. How do you handle this situation?

It is ok for my game whether user shares or cancels. Do you have any experience if I publish my app to accept onSharedCancel event, facebook block my app for some reason?

Also, while sharing via Facebook app, the image url does not work and image does not exist on facebook post.
Is this normal behavior of plug-in?

Thanks

No matter user use facebook app or web view, they both trigger onShareCancel callback

I don’t understand your second question, do you mean you want to publish the post to facebook even if user cancels?

Facebook will automatically grab metadata from the URL, so sometimes it’s not showing the content as expected. You can use this URL Debugger to preview what’s your post will look like on facebook

Is it ok to use share via Facebook app? Has somebody experienced an issue with facebook because of using app instead of web view?

I noticed that if user uses web view my post includes the image on the image url. If user shares via facebook app image is not included on post. I assume this is normal behavior. I use dialog method and share a link only.

Yea, it’s okey to share via Facebook app, you might need to debug the URL you’re sharing here

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

Thanks a lot. I have checked my app_link and following warnings are produced.

Inferred Property
The ‘og:url’ property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
Inferred Property
The ‘og:title’ property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
Inferred Property
The ‘og:image’ property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.

Also, there is no og:image property in Open Graph properties although I have supplied this field.

My shareing code is given below.

var info = new Object();
    info.type  = "link";
    info.link  = "https://fb.me/1856045974679816";
    info.title = "Puzzles and Words";
    info.text  = textInfo;
    info.image = "http://puzzlesandwords.com/logoapp.png";
    sdkbox.PluginFacebook.dialog(info);

You need to specify those on the webpage

I use this share on my mobile game both IOS and Android. Should I change my configuration?

You don’t need this image field.
Just specify “og:image” on your website, so facebook can pick the correct image for the post.

I don’t get latest post exactly. I use facebook plug-in on cocos creator for my mobile app. I have seen some posts on the internet saying that if you share link from a device which has facebook app does not show image and link together. It just shows link. Maybe, there is not any other option if facebook app installed on device and we share link. On the other hand, if facebook app does not installed on device, both thumbnail image and link posted with web view.