Eclipse (partial?) code completion

Hi, it seems like I’m not having full code completion writing code in C++ in eclipse. F.e. When in a class deriving from CCScene this->[ctrl + space] doesnt give a method called addChild that, I’m quite sure, is there :slight_smile:
I added cocos2dx/include to paths and symbols, as well as the whole cocos2dx folder. I don’t have any yellow underlines under imports and eclipse seems to know where the files are (F3 -> go to source works on CCScene), yet it’s not working.
Does anyone know what am I missing here?

This is just a comment, but if you don’t get a solution then I’d like to add that my team has all code completion working perfectly on IntelliJ with a trivial configuration and we get full build and debugging capabilities for Android this way, including our JSBs.

It’s tempting - I totally love intelliJ, but setup in eclipse has already taken me too long and this’s more of an “nice to have” thing than “I can’t work without it”

Everything works perfectly fine in Eclipse for me, but I’m using 3.0-alpha.

Have you setup a COCOS2DX path variable for you project or globally? You can do this in Preferences~~>General~~>Workspace~~>Linked Resources. Add a new variable with name COCOS2DX and the value with path to root of your cocos2dx folder. Rebuild you project
After that make sure everything is ok in Project Properties~~>C/C++ General->Paths and Symbols, especially Source Location tab

I didn’t had that variable, but setting it and rebuilding project changes nothing. Still eclipse seems to be unaware of the content of classes deriving from cocos2d

see this link for code completion issue. It worked for me.

I am also having the same issue of auto fill support while using Eclipse Luna in windows cocos2d-x-3.2rc0. I have latest ADT installed. Has anybody got success in getting content assist (auto fill) (ctrl + space). Please help.

Thanks in advance.