Does cocos2d-x 3.7 will support iPhone 4 and iOS 7 and below?

Hey
if i need to support iPhone 4 + ios 7
Does Choosing version 3.7 is the right thing ?
i don’t need the 3d stuff only 2d .
any one have any experience with the 3.5++ versions on iphone 4 ?
Thanks

update:
checking it now …
it looks like its very big problem to run application from Version 6.3.2 (6D2105) on iphone 4 iOS 7
getting error:
The device does not recognize this host.
Please check your setup and try again. (0xE800001C).

That’s nothing to do with Cocos2d-x. While I didn’t use Xcode 6.3.2 as there seemed to be issues with it, I have been using Cocos2d-x 3.7 (via github) for a couple of months on both Xcode 6.3.1 and 6.4 with great success. I suggest you try upgrading to Xcode 6.4.

Yeah i know its not related , I thought someone Encountered with the problem
my main question is how good is cocos 3.7 with iphone 4

Last week I’ve compiled and published with latest Cocos2dx v3.7, with XCode v6.3.2
Latest iOS 8.3 and deployment target 5.1.1

No problem so far

maybe my problem is that my developer license program is finished and i like to use the new Apple free provision option
@Levis did you try to run it on iphone 4 ?

i have successfully released a couple of apps for any kind of android device (2.3+) and it works perfect on really old devices. I guess some day I will start porting my games to IOS but if they work on any android device, they should work on Iphone3G. So yeah, cocos-2dx is old devices friendly.

BTW. my games do not require a lot of resources -simple 2D games-.

which version of cocos did you used ?

from cocos 2d-x 3.4 to today’s 3.7

good news it support the iphone 4 i had to make some code + configurations changes
see the cocos2d-x release thread for info .

I just built and ran my game on an iPad v1

It ran fine (if a little slowly!)

do you think if you use cocos2d version 2 it could run faster in ipad 1?

I’ve no idea, but i wouldn’t have thought so

I really need to do get this info , i will do testing also with cocos ver 2.2.6 .
the version 3.8 got to over engineered for simple 2d games … and as result slower .