Cpp-tests won't build on earlier Android sdk's (cocos2d-x-3.0rc0)

Hi everyone.

Having previously used and liked Cocos2d-iphone I decided to give 2d-x a go so I can port to Android.
I’ve installed cocos2d-x-3.0rc0 on Mac OSX Mavericks.

I installed the latest NDK and SDK (which came with Android-19 and ran the cpp-tests.
python android-build.py -p 19 cpp-tests

Everything works fine, but I want to target Android 2.2 so installed Android-8 and tried the cpp-tests and get multiple compiler errors.
Are earlier versions of Android not supported with version 3?

Here are a few of the errors I have. Note, that I then installed 7 and get similar results.

/Library/cocos2d-x-3.0/cocos/2d/platform/android/java/src/org/cocos2dx/lib/Cocos2dxSound.java:338: cannot find symbol [javac] symbol : class OnLoadCompleteListener [javac] location: class android.media.SoundPool [javac] public class OnLoadCompletedListener implements SoundPool.OnLoadCompleteListener { [javac]

/Library/cocos2d-x-3.0/cocos/2d/platform/android/java/src/org/cocos2dx/lib/Cocos2dxEditText.java:64: cannot find symbol [javac] symbol : variable MATCH_PARENT [javac] location: class android.view.ViewGroup.LayoutParams [javac] new ViewGroup.LayoutParams(ViewGroup.LayoutParams.MATCH_PARENT,

/Library/cocos2d-x-3.0/cocos/2d/platform/android/java/src/org/cocos2dx/lib/Cocos2dxSound.java:87: cannot find symbol [javac] symbol : method setOnLoadCompleteListener(org.cocos2dx.lib.Cocos2dxSound.OnLoadCompletedListener) [javac] location: class android.media.SoundPool [javac] this.mSoundPool.setOnLoadCompleteListener(new OnLoadCompletedListener());

Any help appreciated!

Dave

@d0nkykong
cocos2d-x 3.0 only support Android 2.3+.
You could give cocos2d-x 2.2 a try.

@owen wrote:

@d0nkykong
cocos2d-x 3.0 only support Android 2.3+.
You could give cocos2d-x 2.2 a try.

Thanks owen. That’s most helpful :slight_smile:
Is there an official link on the site that shows version compatibility? I did take a good look around before I posted.
@Admins If this doesn’t exist, it would be a great addition to show what OS versions are compatible.

Best regards,

Dave

@d0nkykong

this page http://cocos2d-x.org/wiki/Cocos2d-x shows what OS version are compatible.