CocoStudio on Mac OS X

Great news!

I’ll download and give it a try… :smiley:

Studio team is merging Scene editor and UI editor to only one. Animation editor is not in this alpha version. The feedbacks we collected from users is that, most artists prefer to use Flash as 2D animation editor, Maya/3DMAX as 3D animation editor, instead of learning a new animation editor.

So for animation editing, my idea is:

• lower the priority of polish studio’s animation editing

• choose LWF or GAF as official solution from Flash to Cocos, and perhaps DragonBones. I prefer GAF.

• support Spine officially.

@walzer The version just crashes at boot. In the DMG is also “mono.framework” - I can see that the PKG installer just installs the app. Can’t work. Or am I missing something?

When will be Linux binary available ?

@festival try installing the latest Mono from their site. I have it installed on my boxes due to other applications using it and CocoStudio is working fine as well.

@walzer having a trivial animation editor for non-designer/non-animator like me is still something definitely useful. Much more useful than having to rely on yet another external tool that I’d have to buy and learn to be able to pull something off :slight_smile:

@tanis Yeah. I thought it was missing Mono framework. The Mac package does have this but it’s not installed.

Hi all,

Has anybody able to create new canvas with a panel as it’s root ?

Thanks
Nuwan

Hi all

Can anybody please tell me what is the compatible version of Cocos2d-x to use with CocoStudio for Mac v1.0 alpha1. This post suggest it is v 2.2.4 .So, is that mean CocoStudio for Mac is not supported Cocos2d-x v3 yet ?

I got this

Assertion failed: ()), function FindMember, file external / json / document.h, line 620 

when i tried

Layout* m_pWidget = dynamic_cast<Layout*>(GUIReader::getInstance()->widgetFromJsonFile("test_ui.json"));

in cocos2d-x 3.1.1

Anybody else have this issue ?

Thanks
Nu1

Try use Node* root = NodeReader::getInstance()->createNode("scene.json");

@nite

Thank you. it works.

Is it available on cocos2d-js?