CocoStudio Export Animation Scale

Hi, I’m testing CocoStudio and it seems like a great utility.

Unfortunatelly, I don’t know how to export Animations to other scales (for example 0.5 scale)

We need to use this, because our animator will not have to do the same animations twice.

I think this is an easy feature and must have feature, because serious developers doesn’t whant to make the same animations more than one time.

Any roadmap or any help for making this task?

Meanwhile, we will test “DragonBones 2.2”, because this util have the export scale setting, but we don’t like this solution because dragonbones is not officially suported and latest version (2.3) doesn’t work with cocos2d

Thank you for your support!CocoStudio can’t export Animations to other scales,But you can set “Scales” properties in CocoStudio’s properties panel or in the code.

Thanks for your answer Hanrea. I know that, but using “Retina Graphics” y non-retina devices will cause some problems with memory.

Exporting graphics and bones to other scales is a must have for my graphic designer. That’s why I’m looking for a better tool. But I want it to use the “oficial” tool from cocos2d team.

Now,I see.Cocostudio can’t export to other scales,But you question we will take it consideration.tanks! :-)

Sounds good

Is CocoStudio source code available?

If you have your art assets in a different folder you should be able to just animate using your design resolution assets and rely on cocos2dx’s search path feature to resolve the path to your art for you.

You won’t be able to copy over the export folder directly, but if it’s structured correctly it should work like a charm where you don’t need to animate twice.

I currently have the following structure
Resources/Art/ipad/girl/girl0.png
Resources/Art/ipadhd/girl/girl0.png
Resources/girl.ExportJson

in the animation editor I copied over the Resources/Art/ipad/girl folder for creation of the animation. You’ll need to generate the ipadhd assets yourself though.

are you sure? we don’t need to divide positions on the ExportJson bones by 2?

1.1.0.0 version will release this feature.
You can export a scaling resource.

Can’t wait to see this feature done.

Thanks

Today we have released the new version . you can download new version and see the feature.

Doesn’t work propertly.

This is our animation (using a texture plist file with retina graphics and scaled 50 with .setScale(0.5))
!https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/q5srccdqfxjh0nv/Captura20de%20pantalla%202013-11-20%2009.37.52.png?dl=1&token_hash=AAG31WVIVYCuu_lgKi2AGDmresz0VsWjbkR6PUQrf8rgDA!

And this is the exported animation from cocoStudio with (0.5 scale flag) using the texture with scale 0.5 (using texturepacker). The ccAnimation doesn’t have a .setScale(0.5), this is the result.

As you can see, there is a problem with bone positions with scale different than 1.

Hey guys, just got the last release and I could not find where to adjust the scale.

Just to be clear, I would like to use it with the UI Editor, http://www.cocos2d-x.org/wiki/CocoStudio/ states:

Multi-resolution adaption - Automatically adapts to multiple resolution sizes with relative UI positioning.
Am I missing something here?

Hey, Jose Antonio Andujar.
Did you meen you use the 0.5 scale texture from texturepacker and 0.5 scale .ExportJson?
I just choose 0.3 scale and use the origin resource in the Export folder.
It works well.
Both code is the same.

I am sorry for that the scale property is chinese.

Hey,Pedro Kayatt.
I’m sorry to tell you that UI does not support this feature.

Hello Kaile,

the scale export format is the same as loading the animation and setScale(0.5) on the animation.

This is not the feature I want it.

I have a graphical artist that is working on animations, taking ipad retina resolution as the primary design resolution. The problem is that we don’t want to load the entire ipad retina animations (png texture) on a low res phone (for example an android with a resolution 640x480). We want it to scale everything (bones + graphics), so the texture is also scaled.

I think that the only solution I have is to write an script that parses the json file, and divide every point by the desired scale and use texture packer for packaging the scale texture.

No, you do not need to do this.
The property “content_scale” is exported to the .ExportJson : content_scale 0.3

CCDataReaderHelper will read this property, and divide every point by the desired scale automatically.
I guess if you haven’t update CCArmature to the latest version.

The latest CCArmature will read this property.

Yes I know that using scale on cocostudio works fine, the problem is that memory footprint is wasted. Why a user should load a 2048x2048 texture (ipadretina) on an ipad or iphone when it’s better to load a 1024x1024 texture. (scale 50%)

And this case is worst on android low memory devices.

Yeah, you are right.
But my meaning is the “content_scale : 0.3” is different with armature->setScale(0.3f).

“content_scale” is a property to tell CCDataReaderHelper the Image has been scaled to 0.3, and it should read the point from .ExportJson and divide every point by 0.3.

“content_scale” works like what you say “parses the json file, and divide every point by the desired scale”.

Ok, I understand.

Then there is a bug, because you can see the pirate above, on the second image I have exported the animation with scale 0.5 from the cocostudio and changed the texture used by another with half the size (with texture packer).

It seems lik Bone distances are not working property (using cocos2d-html5 2.2.1)