CocoStudio 2.0 - first use feedback

At last :slight_smile: All in one. Cool

It is very fast and responsive. But not usable.

Why I can’t drop elements from toolbar? They returns to toolbar after releasing mouse button. But I can create elements using right button click.

After importing 1.x UI project I see all different animations are sticked together on one timeline. Does it work as expected? How to create different animations?

Have I create armatures in previous version and import into v2.0 as a resource?

How to load this in cocos2d-x? I want to load only specific files.

2 Likes

Also where are Ease in animation (like EaseBounceIn etc.)?

Where is Data Editor in CocoStudio 2.0?

it’s great to hear!

With the last version, when you use exported animation with content scale in your project, there’ll be a gap between bones because bone’s sprites don’t scale but armature do. I hope they’ve fixed it already

How can I set widget’s texture with plist?
I actually can set it in cocostudio 2.0 by importing plist and set texture with plist.
But when I load it, it crashes.

auto layer = cocostudio::GUIReader::getInstance()->widgetFromBinaryFile("res/Layer.csb");

I’m using 3.2 now. Should I update to 3.3?

And another question.
How can I achieve flexible size of root node(Panel) like Adaptive Resoultion in cocostudio 1.6?

2.0 is still not ready for production, only work with 3.3

CSLoader::createNode(filename)

I’ve had a quick look at 2.0 today and it’s looking promising, especially for layering objects which cocos2d-x is designed for. I understand this is not a production product but have a few questions:

• Will it support publish to json file?
  • Will it support custom widgets? It currently does not load my custom widgets created for 1.6 into the editor.
  • Importing an existing 1.x animation project loads all animations and merges them into one recording and the named animations seemed to have been removed. Is there a way to access each animation by name?
  • How will the Publish to Visual Studio project work?
1 Like

Where is the animation curve? It is mentioned in Documentation but not presented in editor.
Also when I reopen saved project, I get just grey canvas without designed screen.

1 Like

i can’t run cocostudio 2.0beta on my mac 10.8.5. It loads for a while, then closes before the application opens.

Does somebody have some problem with me?

Does CocoStudio 2.0 support custom widgets in either Windows or Mac. Any documentation on how to build custom widgets for either platform?

Thanks

I created a github issues to track feedbacks for Cocos Studio 2.0
https://github.com/darkdukey/Cocos-Studio/issues

@nbtthief - I also saw the issue of space between sprites of an armature and had to abandon design resolution altogether. I now have to control my layout myself. From my quick testing, this is still an issue - at least with armature that was imported from cocostudio v1.6 into v2.0.5

maybe in armature that is created fresh in cocostudio v2.0.5 but will be fixed? dont know yet.

i create animation using cocostudio v2.3 and load csb using cocos2dx v3.4, i have set blend src to change.
but after build. this animation not display blend src.
this is code load:
auto nodeAction = CSLoader::createNode(“BigWin.csb”);
nodeAction->setZOrder(11);
_mainLayer->addChild(nodeAction);
nodeAction->setPosition(Director::getInstance()->getWinSize() / 2);

auto action = CSLoader::createTimeline("BigWin.csb");
action->gotoFrameAndPlay(0, false);

action->setLastFrameCallFunc([nodeAction]()
{
	nodeAction->removeFromParent();
});
nodeAction->runAction(action);

as far as i know,
you need to use cocos2d-x v3.6 or above if you want to use blend src with studio.

cocos2d-x v3.6 also suffer from this problem :((

Anyone knows how to set up a frame event in Cocostudio so i can use this function

idleAction->setFrameEventCallFunc([this](Frame *frame) {
});