CocosBuilder-X

Is this project still in the planing phase(activ) or get it to a sleep?

I prefer to port it to html version, via html + css + cocos2d-html5. This would be much more easier.

Would be really nice to here some Updates, if its paused or something.

Same for here, if we know how to save the new File-Format (ccbi) we could easely Port an Alpha version with VB, Java
or C# until full version (C++ may work best) is ready, without Animation.

That would creatly help people starting cocos2dx development on Windows.

Can cocos2dx CCBReader read everything from ccb files ?
I did not read enough about it thought.

But if it can use ccb format (xml) then its a matter of 2-3 Weeks for 2 man to make
a version that does everything except ccbi and animation.

Walzer Wang wrote:

I prefer to port it to html version, via html + css + cocos2d-html5. This would be much more easier.

I think it maybe a good idea,like Zwoptex.

It has been quite a while . . . sorry about that. I’m too busy with school and work. The c*+ port won’t be happening at least not from me. Walzer Wang suggested HTML5 which would be easier. As here we are programmers I have been thinking that maybe a better solution would be something like livecoding, inspired by “Bret Victor - Inventing on Principle” talk . Doing something like this for html5 would be posible, and I think it would be better than an editor because it gives you more control over your code. There are already some livecoding editors for javascript. I’m talking with my profesor for a dissertation where the goal would be to make a c*+ interperter and to achieve livecoding with c++. It is already possible with Cling (http://root.cern.ch/drupal/content/cling) and this is where I’ll probably start if my profesor approves this.

Hi Stanki

I know you posted this a while back and I hope your dissertation is going well. If you are looking for live coding using c*+ have a look at Run-time Compiled C*+ http://runtimecompiledcplusplus.blogspot.co.uk/. If there is a team of people who were up for it then I wouldn’t mind contributing some time into helping making things like CocosBuilder multi platform.

Thanks
Liam

Hi Liam

The link is kinda cool, but it lacks Linux support, and in my case it doesn’t help me much :), I do have dual-boot and am in Windows only when working on Win. specific stuff (very rare in my case). I have to say that I have rushed in to the initiative of the CocosBuilder port, and don’t have the time, resources, and probably know-how at the moment (and a Mac would certainly help to try CocosBuilder, and do the porting). I feel like this post gave hope, and I apologise to everyone for not being able to realise it. But I know that when given the chance, I’ll give something back to the community.

Thanks
Stanko

Definitely a +1 for a port to Qt - this could probably be the easiest way to have it cross platform.

Maybe building with QtQuick might be a way to get things up and running fast?

+1 for any solution that works and can be done fast (qt seems to be fine). Personally I think that tool for gui creation (at least with some basic features) should be currently a priority task.

Interesting project. Have it started yet?

No currently it hasn’t. If cocos2d-x had a different architecture like component-based instead of deep inheritance hierarchy it would have been a whole lot easier to make. In my mind if using Qt, it would be best to make it with QML. All the cocos2d-x stuff would be wrapped in a single or multiple Qt classes (depending on the approach), that can be extended in QML.

P.S.
I’ll think about it… QtQuick could make this a lot easier.

http://www.cocos2d-x.org/issues/2089

Very interesting :slight_smile: I don’t have much time at the moment to work on this but hopefully when the component model is finished I will have some more free time.

I’m interested in getting involve on building a cross platform studio that works with Cocos2d and Cocos2d-x. I’m proficient in Obj-C and C++ and I hope to get together with a few guys so we can make this happen.

Please connect with me if you want to contribute http://www.facebook.com/emplementation