Cocosbuilder how to use

I have two questions:

1. CocosBuilder not have all plugins for basic components, like CCMenuItemToggle, CCProgressTimer
    I want to know if it is hard to write plugin, I want to write plugins for these two components.
    I have see this howto doc: https://github.com/cocos2d/CocosBuilder/blob/master/Documentation/X1.20Creating20Node%20Plug-ins.md
    But after compile, I can not see my custom sprite in CocosBuilder.
  2. I put all resources under “resources-auto” folder, but seems can not use subfolder under it.
    so I’ll have a lot of images under it, how you guys manage your resource for multi platform?

Hi

I have no idea about plugin for CocosBuilder. So let some expert comment on it.

For managing resources:-

You can create multiple folders like this:-

// For iOS
resources-ipad
resources-iphone
resources-iphonehd
resources-ipadhd

For Android
resources-xsmall
resources-small
resources-medium
resources-large
resources-xlarge

You need to create these folder under folder: ccbResources

Also by default the CocosBuilder pick resources from ccbResources folder instead of resources-iphone. It simply ignores resources-iphone folder. But for the rest of resolutions, it picks resources from their respective folders.

Let me know if you face any problem.

Thanks for your reply.
So your resource structure is like:
resources-ipad/menu_bg.png

or

resources-ipad/menu/menu_bg.png

My structure is like the first one, so I need to put all images into the same folder, it’s not easy to manage.

Paras Mendiratta wrote:

Hi
>
I have no idea about plugin for CocosBuilder. So let some expert comment on it.
>
For managing resources:-
>
You can create multiple folders like this:-
>
// For iOS
resources-ipad
resources-iphone
resources-iphonehd
resources-ipadhd
>
For Android
resources-xsmall
resources-small
resources-medium
resources-large
resources-xlarge
>
You need to create these folder under folder: ccbResources
>
Also by default the CocosBuilder pick resources from ccbResources folder instead of resources-iphone. It simply ignores resources-iphone folder. But for the rest of resolutions, it picks resources from their respective folders.
>
Let me know if you face any problem.

My structure is also like first one but I am grouping the resources for a scene using texture packer. So you can do the same. This way you group the multiple PNG into a single PNG. So no need to creating multiple level folders.

It really helped. Thanks :slight_smile:

Paras Mendiratta wrote:

My structure is also like first one but I am grouping the resources for a scene using texture packer. So you can do the same. This way you group the multiple PNG into a single PNG. So no need to creating multiple level folders.

also have a look at this, very simple introduction to cocosbuilder http://www.plungeinteractive.com/blog/cocosbuilder-and-cocos2d-x-helloworld-example/

I have a problem with this on a project I’m working on.

When setting up the project with folders Paras mentioned, the textures aren’t recognised for the iPhone. iPad and Android work fine but even with ~~iphone,~~iphonehd, iphone5 andiphone5hd folder, the textures for iPhone and iPhone5 devices always report as missing.

I think the reason for them not showing is that in the Edit Resolutions window, both of these are listed to have no extention but only give me the option of selecting ipad oripadhd extentions, neither of which are correct. Having a resources folder with no extension for their textures wan’t recognised.

Any ideas?