Cocos2dx 3 and OBB on android

Hi,
Is it possible to use obb files in cocos2dx-3 at all? I found some posts of people doing this in cocos2dx 2 but there doesn’t seem to be a proper solution for cocos2dx 3.
I tried setting

Cocos2dxHelper.nativeSetApkPath(Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory() + "/Android/obb/<package-name>/<obb-name>");

in Cocos2dxHelper::init and setting the search paths to getApkPath() + but FileUtils can never find any files inside the obb.
I created the obb by using the zip command like this:

zip -rn .ogg:.mp3:.wav assets.obb assets

There’s an asset folder inside the obb and it’s not encrypted. Is it possible to use the assets from within the obb without unpacking them to another folder?

Yeah I’ve seen that thread. This doesn’t work in cocos2dx v3.
I’m trying to use the assets directly from the obb, which is a zip, without extracting it. Seems this was possible in cocos2dx v2 but was broken now.
How does anyone develop for android with this framework? It’s pretty useless for android if there’s no proper solution for this.

HI
@schinkowski

were you able to make it work out. I also want to do OBB expansion thing in v3.10.

Hi, Nope I had to extract the resources from the obb.

Hi,
I am able to extract the resources… but where will it go and get saved. Will it be inside Resources folder or i will have to get some new path.

Depends how you extract it. I extracted it to the writable path and used them from there. It was a long time ago and I’ve stopped using cocos2dx since then because the support is pretty rubbish as you can probably tell by looking around the forums.