Cocos2dx-2.1.0-wp8-2.0-alpha.zip problem

Muhammad Saad wrote:

Can anyone please clearly explain how to get rid of the blank screen problem on release mode? im having the same issue

Follow the thread on where news of cocos2dx wp8 2.0 was announced there is a solution for this

@saud

can u give me the link please?

solved it! thanks!

@saud were you able to implement the in app purchases?

I have the game working in release mode now but theres no sound. how do i fix that?

Muhammad Saad wrote:

I have the game working in release mode now but theres no sound. how do i fix that?
Hmm…
Are you using .wav files? Only this format is supported by cocos2dx wp8 2.0.
Have you preloaded your sound effects? for preloading you will also need to give fullpath for sound file as given below. Sometimes sound files are not sampled when you play directly so you need to preload them.

Have you provided a full relative path for your sound files like to play effect using

const char * path = CCFileUtils::fullPathFromRelativePath(“hummer.wav”);
SimpleAudioEngine::sharedEngine()->playEffect(path);

Have you included sound files in you project? with correct file path

If you have gone through all these than follow this thread http://www.cocos2d-x.org/boards/6/topics/25848?r=29823#message-29823

Muhammad Saad wrote:

solved it! thanks!
>
@saud were you able to implement the in app purchases?

Yup follow this http://www.cocos2d-x.org/boards/6/topics/27249?r=32159#message-32159

Yes i have done all this. when the game is being run on release mode theres no sound. but when i stop the release mode and run the installed application on the phone then the sounds play

Yes i have done all this. when the game is being run on release mode theres no sound. but when i stop the release mode and run the installed application on the phone then the sounds play

Muhammad Saad wrote:

So if they are playing on phone so then whats the problem. If you are testing it on Simulator then I have no idea because I havent tested on the simulator before for windows phone 8. I have 6 devices 5 nokia and 1 HTC 8x. So i dont use simulator

They are playing fine through the phone when it is disconnected from the pc. but when i connect with pc and start the game on release mode from visual studio on the device the sound doesnt play. shouldnt i be worried this sounds like a problem?

oh the sound is playing but it has become extremely low even though the volume is full

Muhammad Saad wrote:

They are playing fine through the phone when it is disconnected from the pc. but when i connect with pc and start the game on release mode from visual studio on the device the sound doesnt play. shouldnt i be worried this sounds like a problem?

what happens if you deploy .xap through application deployment tool provided by windows phone 8 sdk. If now the sounds play fine then there should be a problem. There a could be theory behind that on your side the sound may not be playing because of the hardware debugging. It some times might play because of the slow debugging there shouldn’t be a problem. Where are you from

im from pakistan. I just started developing on cocos2dx and windows phone 8 a month back thats why i dont know much

Muhammad Saad wrote:

im from pakistan. I just started developing on cocos2dx and windows phone 8 a month back thats why i dont know much

Hahaha :smiley: seriously I am from Lahore

oh hahah thats great im from lahore too :stuck_out_tongue: where do you study?

Muhammad Saad wrote:

oh hahah thats great im from lahore too :stuck_out_tongue: where do you study?

Add me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/saud.ahmed.75098?ref=tn_tnmn