Cocos2dx-2.1.0-wp8-2.0-alpha.zip problem

Hi,

Projects inside Cocos2dx-2.1.0-wp8-2.0-alpha.zip such as Hello Word, Hello Box2d are unable to run on device, but the repos said it can run on device.

I am using Lumia 620.

Please help.

Anyone got the same problem ?

It compiles ok to ARM release. But on device, it just shows the splashscreen picture and nothing else.

Any help is appreciated.

Eric Hung wrote:

Anyone got the same problem ?
>
It compiles ok to ARM release. But on device, it just shows the splashscreen picture and nothing else.
>
Any help is appreciated.

Got the same problem. Must be one of the compiler options that differs between release and debug mode. It’s going to be a long trial and error process to find the culprit. Did you have any luck solving this problem?

It appears that removing the NDEBUG preprocessor command for the CocosWindowsPhone solution solves the blackscreen problem. I do not know what the implications of using or not using NDEBUG are.

Pink Nibor wrote:

It appear that removing the NDEBUG preprocessor command for the CocosWindowsPhone solution solves the blackscreen problem. I do not know what the implications of using or not using NDEBUG are.

Well the resulting XAP is not accepted by Microsoft; OutputDebugString is linked and that’s not accepted for a store release. Have not found the reason in the Cocos2d code yet for this problem.

Does anyone else experience terrible performance on a real Windows Phone 8 device (I’m using an HTC Phone 8s… the game is playable but only just).

Pink Nibor wrote:

Pink Nibor wrote:
> It appear that removing the NDEBUG preprocessor command for the CocosWindowsPhone solution solves the blackscreen problem. I do not know what the implications of using or not using NDEBUG are.
>
Well the resulting XAP is not accepted by Microsoft; OutputDebugString is linked and that’s not accepted for a store release. Have not found the reason in the Cocos2d code yet for this problem.
>
Does anyone else experience terrible performance on a real Windows Phone 8 device (I’m using an HTC Phone 8s… the game is playable but only just).

How NDEBUG preprocessor command for the CocosWindowsPhone solution can be removed to remove the black screen on the device while creating a release build.

How NDEBUG preprocessor command for the CocosWindowsPhone solution can be removed to remove the black screen on the device while creating a release build.Actually I want to add in App purchases into my game that can only be tested by posting a beta release.

Saud Ahmed wrote:

How NDEBUG preprocessor command for the CocosWindowsPhone solution can be removed to remove the black screen on the device while creating a release build.Actually I want to add in App purchases into my game that can only be tested by posting a beta release.

Actually you do not have to. Just fix the cassert in CCTexture2d (see the reactions on the latest release of wp8 cocos2d-x version).

Pink Nibor wrote:

Saud Ahmed wrote:
> How NDEBUG preprocessor command for the CocosWindowsPhone solution can be removed to remove the black screen on the device while creating a release build.Actually I want to add in App purchases into my game that can only be tested by posting a beta release.
>
Actually you do not have to. Just fix the cassert in CCTexture2d (see the reactions on the latest release of wp8 cocos2d-x version).

I am trying to submit my app as beta for inApp purchase testing but When upload the release build after validation it gives me this error

1028: The native API api-ms-win-core-debug-l1-1-1.dll:OutputDebugStringA() isn’t allowed in assembly Cocos2dWindowsPhone.dll. Update it and then try again

How were you able to submit your app. What necessary changes you made to submit your app?

Saud Ahmed wrote:

Pink Nibor wrote:
> Saud Ahmed wrote:
> > How NDEBUG preprocessor command for the CocosWindowsPhone solution can be removed to remove the black screen on the device while creating a release build.Actually I want to add in App purchases into my game that can only be tested by posting a beta release.
>
> Actually you do not have to. Just fix the cassert in CCTexture2d (see the reactions on the latest release of wp8 cocos2d-x version).
>
I am trying to submit my app as beta for inApp purchase testing but When upload the release build after validation it gives me this error
>
1028: The native API api-ms-win-core-debug-l1-1-1.dll:OutputDebugStringA() isn’t allowed in assembly Cocos2dWindowsPhone.dll. Update it and then try again
>
How were you able to submit your app. What necessary changes you made to submit your app?

That had nothing to do with the NDEBUG preprocessor command. You can fix that by looking for that call in the cocos2d-x metro file utils file. Just comment or remove the line with outputdebugstring and you are done (the file is also easy to find in visual studio by just searching for outputdebugstring in the entire solution).

Hi,
There are so many problem with the alpha, I am still using the stable 0.1.3 version to publish app.

It is very disappointing to wait ,and wait and wait for the cocos2d-x team to fix all those easily identified problems.

I am considering to change to use other game engines though. Developers cannot wait forever.

Eric Hung wrote:

Hi,
There are so many problem with the alpha, I am still using the stable 0.1.3 version to publish app.
>
It is very disappointing to wait ,and wait and wait for the cocos2d-x team to fix all those easily identified problems.
>
I am considering to change to use other game engines though. Developers cannot wait forever.

Well I just got news that my app passed certification with the 2.0 Alpha framework. Yes the framework contains some issues to be fixed, but I managed to find workarounds or fixes for all of them. As a developer that is using Cocos2d-x why wait and wait until “the teams” fix problems? Why not chip in, help fix the errors and be “the team”? It is open source for a reason.

Hi,

Alpha version still have issue on pDirector->setDisplayFPS(true);

Modify CCDirector.cpp as :

#if CC_DIRECTOR_FAST_FPS //if (false)//(! m_pFPSLabel) if (! m_pFPSLabel) { m_pFPSLabel = CCLabelTTF::create("00.0", "Arial", 24); m_pFPSLabel->retain(); } #endif }

Fix this.

@Eric Hung and Pink Nibor

I am trying to add inApp purchase for my game for cocos2dx-wp8-v2.0. I have gone through the api but I am not able to call methods in C# from the Visual C++ in my code. Has anybody implemented the inApp purchase for windows phone 8. Help will be appreciated.

Saud Ahmed wrote:

>
I am trying to add inApp purchase for my game for cocos2dx-wp8-v2.0. I have gone through the api but I am not able to call methods in C# from the Visual C++ in my code. Has anybody implemented the inApp purchase for windows phone 8. Help will be appreciated.

Sorry, I do not have in-app purchases in my App so I cannot help you with that.

Saud Ahmed wrote:

>

I am still learning how to do better with cocos2d-x. I learnt a lot from Pink Nibor. I don’t know how to do inApp as well.

How can I check for the internet connectivity?

On stackoverflow I have searched for it one has stated a possible solution as:

Ref:

Sol:
using namespace Microsoft::phone::Net::NetworkInformation::NetworkInterface;

bool isNetwork=NetworkInterface.GetIsNetworkAvailable();
if(!isNetwork)
{
//proceed with your code

}

Problem
But I am not able to include the above namespace in the cocos2dx wp8 2.0 project. Have you tried it out before.

Saud Ahmed wrote:

How can I check for the internet connectivity?
>
On stackoverflow I have searched for it one has stated a possible solution as:
>
Ref:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13617017/windows-phone-8-connection-handler-internet-avaidiblity
>
Sol:
using namespace Microsoft::phone::Net::NetworkInformation::NetworkInterface;
>
bool isNetwork=NetworkInterface.GetIsNetworkAvailable();
if(!isNetwork)
{
//proceed with your code
>
}
>
Problem
But I am not able to include the above namespace in the cocos2dx wp8 2.0 project. Have you tried it out before.

You could use the httpclient example and check the existence of google.com.
Httpclient compiles for windows phone 8 with just a few minor adjustments.

@pink nibor

Can anyone please clearly explain how to get rid of the blank screen problem on release mode? im having the same issue

Muhammad Saad wrote:

Can anyone please clearly explain how to get rid of the blank screen problem on release mode? im having the same issue

Follow the thread on where new of cocos2dx wp8 2.0 was announced there is a solution for this