Cocos2d-x Push Notifications Onesignal

Have some one used https://onesignal.com/ push notifications?

They are totally free, supporting cocos2d-x thru plugin-x and have pretty good management GUI. Only thing they user your user data to sell it to Enterprise clients. But I think it not a problem if they not interrupting your game.

It would be cool if SDKBOX integration was made for it.

What do you think?

Integrated, for now looks much easier to setup and much more functional than Parse push notifications

I have met George and Josh and they are super cool. Very dedicated to their product. I saw a demo from them once where you could actually make a whole game inside a One Signal notification.

Yeah, they product look awesome, just afraid that product not stable. As googled over and found that on corona forum peoples reported issues with service aviability and that it crashing sometimes applications completely when servers are down. Hope they fixed already such issues.

Why do you think services like Flurry or most of others are free? :wink:

There is no real free service, as they sell your data or use it for monetization somehow. It’s part of their business model.

Can you link it?

Do they have statistics on service uptime?
Maybe the people with crashes did not implement the service correctly? Maybe it’s not the fault of OneSignal?

There are a lot of push notification services:

Boxcar is coded in Erlang and has a service uptime of 99.95%:
https://boxcar.io/developer

Hi all. I’m George from OneSignal. Thanks for the kind words @slackmoehrle!

Yeah, they product look awesome, just afraid that product not stable. As googled over and found that on corona forum peoples reported issues with service aviability and that it crashing sometimes applications completely when servers are down. Hope they fixed already such issues.

One of the reasons we started OneSignal was because we were so dissatisfied with the stability and reliability of other services. It’s been an ongoing focus of ours, so our server uptime is actually very good – over 99.5% and getting better as we upgrade our infrastructure. We’re presently sending up to 30 million notifications per day across over 6000 published apps and growing quickly.

Aside from backend reliability, a big focus of ours is making sure all of our SDKs are as reliable and up to date as possible. For this reason, we develop all of our major SDKs including the Cocos2d-x SDK ourselves. We also provide live support during most of the week, so we can quickly resolve any questions or issues that clients encounter.

I use ONESIGNAL under iOS at this time, it is a SUPER PLUGIN for PushNotifications! If I finish my c++ project I want to include oneSignal as well!

Don’t worry, try it! :wink:

Yeah :slight_smile: we also liked it at the end - it also now available as part of SDKBOX plugin :slight_smile: