cocos2d-x on windows phone 8

Hello contributors,

It seems windows phone 8 allow to run native application in C++
Is there a plan to port cocos2d-x on such platform?
Is there also a plan for cocos3d-x, like the cocos2d iphone extension?
Thanks, i’m an iphone cocos2d developer but i consider seriously about switching to your framework

Best Regards, Benoit - Pix-Arts

lf wp8 supports native codes, we will support ASAP. Sorry, now we don’t have enough resources to implement cocos-3d now. I think gles2.0, wp7, bada are more important.

hello, benoit, could you paste a link to the web pages said window8 supports c++? It is really a news!

i found the information here

hope it’s open to everybody

regards, Benoit

I think it said PC, not phone.

I think it said PC, not phone.

yes, you’re right but we may hope that convergence will allow to develop on windows phone 8 in c++
i signed the petition…

http://www.wpxap.com/thread-455742-1-1.html

WP8 SDK has leaked, release will be available soon

Are there new information on cocos2dx for wp8?

I’d also like to know if there is plan for this. C++ support is officially disclosed =)
http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/archive/2012/06/20/announcing-windows-phone-8.aspx

As Bruno pointed out support for native code in Windows Phone 8 has been confirmed. Can anyone from the developers in charge of Cocos2d-x comment on this? I know you guys are busy, but communicating with developers who rely on the framework is important as well! Thanks!

It will be available very sooner after Microsoft release wp8 sdk officially.
I have signed a NDA with Microsoft to get the wp8 sdk and cocos2d-x for wp8 port in their private repo. That’s the only thing I can talk.

Thanks walzer for the info. Are you able to comment how complete the engine will be when it gets released?

Hi Walzer,
Are you basing the port using the existing Windows 8 port?

Thanks

Walzer Wang wrote:

It will be available very sooner after Microsoft release wp8 sdk officially.
I have signed a NDA with Microsoft to get the wp8 sdk and cocos2d-x for wp8 port in their private repo. That’s the only thing I can talk.

Hi,

That’s great news. We really want to get our game over to Windows Phone 8!

I’m hoping that you are using ANGLE (http://code.google.com/p/angleproject/) for GL ES2 support on Windows Phone 8 as opposed to porting all GL ES code and shaders to DirectX? This would also help porting of all games because all custom gl code would work with ANGLE without any modification. It should be well tested since it’s used in a lot of major software (like Google Chrome & Firefox on Windows)

Cheers,
Henrik

Walzer Wang wrote:

I’m really looking forward to this WP8 port (especially the architecture), who would be the contact person for accessing this private repo, preconditioned I’m already under a valid WP8 NDA with Microsoft of course?

Many thanks!