Cocos2d-x-3.8beta0 is released!

I just created this for you: https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/issues/13453

Search of these forums, others report performance issues as well.

After generating the libs how do you link it to the project?

@milos1290
We will continue to add new features and improve existing features of 3D. But i don’t know the exactly plan of it.

@slackmoehrle
Thanks.

@nite
It is used generate framework used in cocos.

When to be able to support lua on iOS 64-bit this basic feature
@zhangxm

How about memory leaks in 3.8 ? Was the such leaks solved or not? See this thread.

Thanks guys, that works great.

I created a batch file in my prebuilt folder, so I can easily rebuild the android libs, without having to remember the whole command line :smile:

For anyone that’s interested, this is what my “_prebuild android.bat” looks:

@echo off
cocos gen-libs -p android --app-abi armeabi-v7a -m release
pause

After you build the libs, you have to change the android.mk (for every game), it is in the jni folder.
You have to add the cocos/prebuilt-mk path before the cocos one.

So at the top of the file, it by default looks like this:

$(call import-add-path,$(LOCAL_PATH)/../../cocos2d)
$(call import-add-path,$(LOCAL_PATH)/../../cocos2d/external)
$(call import-add-path,$(LOCAL_PATH)/../../cocos2d/cocos)

Add the prebuilt-mk path before the last cocos one, so it looks like this:

$(call import-add-path,$(LOCAL_PATH)/../../cocos2d)
$(call import-add-path,$(LOCAL_PATH)/../../cocos2d/external)
$(call import-add-path,$(LOCAL_PATH)/../../cocos2d/cocos/prebuilt-mk)
$(call import-add-path,$(LOCAL_PATH)/../../cocos2d/cocos)

This will speed up compile time for all your games immensely, as you now build the cocos libs only once for each version of cocos2d-x. Your games will only have to compile their own game code…

Good luck!

3 Likes

@zhangxm: version of Socket.IO.js in web still is 0.9.16

AudioEngine needs more features.

• Support for pitch
  • Callback when looping sound finishes a loop

AudioEngine used for a long time with Cocos and is still not growing. So I switched to Superpowered SDK. It’s just an amazing library for iOS/Android/OS X apps!

Is it easy to integrate with cocos2d-x, especially with android ?

For me personally integration superpowered SDK with my Cocos2d-x projects was easy.
I must say that you will not find in superpowered API methods such as playEffect/playBackgroundMusic/preloadEffect etc. There are all different. However, I wrote the adapter over the superpowered and now the simplest operations with audio in my projects look like this:

auto audioManager AudioManager::getInstance();
auto audioThread = audioManager->playAudio(PREDEFINED_AUDIO_FILE_MACRO, onPlayCompleteCallback);
audioThread->setPitch(-10.0)->setPanarama(10.0)->setVolume(15.0);    

void onPlayCompleteCallback(AudioManager::EventType::ON_PLAY_COMPLETE &audioEvent)
{
    // do something
}

Library contains documentation and comes with C++ examples for iOS and Android.

3 Likes

My dream is to see someday a JetBrains IDE for cocos2d-x, this will be awesome!

I respect your dreams, but for me I hope to be spared from another Java-Bloat IDE :smile:

My dream is to see the cocos2d-x “UbiArt” framework.

2 Likes

Do you mean Ubiart is based on cocos2d-x? :open_mouth:

Cheers

UbiArt seems to be pretty the same of Spine for me, at least from the video I have seen.

I still want to see some JetBrains IDE to Cocos2d-x! These czech republic guys are the best.

Now we can go back to the real subject of this thread =).

No. What I meant is, that I am looking forward to having something like UbiArt, but made with cocos2d-x.

The “Spine” thing in UbiArt is just a tiny peace, the skeletal animation. You can’t even compare the functionality of Spine with the UbiArt animation tool. But the goal of Spine was not to compete with it anyways.

Which video have you seen? This? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-chi097uV4

The first 7 minutes show the skeletal animation tool, which can be compared to Spine(in fact the latter is inferior). All things that follow have nothing in common with Spine. It’s rather “comparable” with Cocos Studio and cocos2d-x.
UbiArt is a complete package, which can do voodoo and magic in all places.

Have you asked them?

Gooooo Europe! :smile:

I’m always in thread-kidnap-mode :wink:

Hi,

Sorry, but you won’t see that :D. The amount of work to create this toolset is impressive, so, it is very unlikely we see something like this based on cocos2d-x. I would buy it right now :smiley:

Cheers.