Cocos2d-x 3.13 when?

@slackmoehrle

Do you know dates when we can expect Cocos2d-x 3.13 version? So far 3.12 looks to buggy for us, so we awaiting this release.

Monday, August 29th! And a new Creator too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are there any news about the C ++ support?
I mean any real news. What progress? What technologies do you use for this? What problems?

1 Like

Not at this time.

If there’s no hope for c++ support in creator appearing soon then maybe you’ll fix Cocos Studio support? 3.12 broken everything related to Cocos Studio. It’s related to some changes in cocos2d-x core, not in editor itself. Many developers like me are stuck on 3.11.1. New versions are bringing a lot of critical bug fixes, which now many of us cannot benefit.

I don’t see this happening either. The team that worked on Cocos Studio has been disbanded.

Hi @slackmoehrle

Can you please give us a hint on what goodies will Cocos Creator come with? :grinning: Also, can we expect Physics Engine to be ready before October 2016? Lastly, do you think you can take a look at the below and see if you can help:

Thanks again, for your hard work and contribution to the community…God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

I know, but you don’t have to touch Cocos Studio at all. There were some changes in cocos2d-x 3.12 itself that broken loading .csb files.

If you can point me to these changes I can talk to an engineer to see about fixing. I apologize, but I’m not current on the status of what is broken between Studio and the engine.

No one is currently working on a C ++ support for the Creator. And nothing will change in the coming months.
Am I correct?

That’s why i stuck on 3.10 (with ssl update)

You are not correct.

Then please provide more information.

I don’t have more than that. C++ is a feature we will be adding. It has several phases from research to planning to development to extensive testing to release. These stages are handled by our engineering teams. My understanding is that we continue to make progress on these steps.

In other words, you have a working prototype of the Creator with C ++ supports for internal testing right now. Correctly?

I don’t think so, C++ and JS creators I think is totally different worlds - I’m assuming they trying to find way how to make it work in easiest way - to reuse what they already did.

This is the reason I ask about used technology and progress.
Adding C ++ support to the Creator looks slightly fantastic. However, there are many different libraries and technologies, and may be there is something for this case.

Many people ask about the C ++ support. But all what we get is “We are working on it”.
You are working on it, this is good, could you share some information about progress?

I don’t know how to quantify the progress for you. I don’t know a percentage from zero to 100

Answer like "We are using this technology, at the moment we implemented this, this and this, and have a problem with that" would be appreciated.
Ok, if you have no information on the progress, then can you provide information about how you plan to implement the C++ support?

Thank you!

I don’t have this at the level of detail you want. All I know is what I have stated already.

Edit. Let be clear that C++ isn’t the only addition to Creator that we are working on. It is also a big task. The other items like 3D and VR are also big features. I’ll update The Creator roadmap post as I know more.