Cocos2d-x 3.0 Online Party

It is on a list of tutorials to do but we are so busy with other tutorials and other projects that it wont be yet. But if developers want to help out by creating videos we would more than happy upload them to our channel.

Not sure if CocosStudio already has this function. But can I load a tmx file inside CocosStudio?

Yes you can

Oh guys, this is just a forum thread, not a party. Where’s the cocktails and bikini girls? Aha, just joking.

@SonarSystems, Thanks for your advice. We’re actually doing the IAP, ads, social integrations to cocos2d-x. But it has another name: AnySDK. The 1st step of anysdk.com is to provide integration for Android services in China Only.

• Today it includes:
    • Chinese Android Stores support, including user login and IAP SDK. There’re +300 android stores in China.
    • Analytics SDK, including Flurry v1.1.0.
    • Push SDK
    • Share SDK. But only share to Chinese social networks like QQ, Weibo, WeChat etc)
    • Ads SDK, including Admob v6.4.1
  • The 2nd step is to:
    • Support iOS stores in China
    • Translate docs and API reference into English
    • Integrate AnySDK client into Cocos2d-x toolchain.
      As the result, oversea games can enter Chinese mobile stores easily
  • Then the 3rd step, or develop with 2nd step in the same time can be
    • Integrate global services

AnySDK is using the interfaces design of plugin-x. For example, if you’re looking for a IAP interface, you can call the function like this

1 Like

Maybe initially but this should really be a built in feature also better documentation is needed for Plugin-x usage.

2 Likes
http://discuss.cocos2d-x.org/t/solved-can-we-integrate-google-play-services-game-center-in-cocos2d-x-ios-game-in-xcode/12575/6

^

Take a look at the post from @cpinan, it’s very easy, I just did it on my recent game.

Thanks for you reply :smiley: i feeling happy now

About cocos2d-html5, what Classes you will recommend to do GUI for mobile web?
ccui classs seems work well with cocostudio in best practice?
basic ui class, like cc.EditBox, is a good base class to be extend by custom class?
I am developing game in mobile web, but always frustrated in speed of animations, GUI, resolutions, only canvas issues.
Hope someone can provide more guides and best practices about cocos2d-html5 on mobile web.

I just remembered. How about wrapper functions to push notification services such as Apple’s push notifcation service, Urban Airship etc?

1 Like

Just a suggestion. I think that we need more books in English, as most of them are in Chinese and Korean.

1 Like

We don’t write books, however we can help you write books, like reviewing and publisher connection

2 Likes

Now we call it Cocos2d-JS, :slight_smile:
You can use ccui extension, it can do some layout also.
cc.EditBox is a very good choice on web
For performance issues on canvas, we are refactoring our renderer system, and in Cocos2d-JS 3.1, you will have a brand new renderer which is like 30% - 50% speed up than the current system

Came across this yesterday, looks good. Main issue we have with external plugins is that they may or may not get updated as the main engine advances hence why integrated would be best but for now that looks interesting.

Would love this feature for all platforms :smiley:

Thanks for the response, nevermind about the questions for box2d, I was thinking of the latest cocos2d which has only chipunk as default for physics library. I’ll just look forward to your great plans. cheers!

1 Like

We have just finished a essential guide to Cocos2d-x book in C++ and it is in English. It is currently being reviewed by the publisher and should be released September/October.

5 Likes

Refactor the animated sprite code to use less lines of code. Now it is

Vector<SpriteFrame*> animFrames(15);
char str[100] = {0};
for(int i = 1; i < 15; i++)
{
sprintf(str, “grossini_dance_%02d.png”,i);
auto frame = SpriteFrame::create(str,Rect(0,0,40,40)); //we assume that the sprites’ dimentions are 40*40 rectangles.
animFrames.pushBack(frame);
}

just to create a vector of sprite frames. So better to refactor it and put it in an official cocos2d-x function?

Question, we are trying to implement moving Physics bodies using the built in Physics system and we want the bodies to remain at a constant velocity even when they collide with each other. How can we do this? We have been struggling with this. Help would be appreciated.

Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Great news

1 Like