So I found a solution, although I am new to cocos2d-x and C++ in general so I dont know if this is the best solution possible (probably not )
I added the libGUI and libCocosStudio projects to the solution as your can see here.
Once that was done I was still getting errors cant find "x" file etc...
So In my main projects additional include directories i included the paths to the libcocosstudio project and the base cocos2d folder, since it seems to reference based on the base folder. such as.
So I added ($EngineRoot)cocos and ($EngineRoot)cocos\editor-support
The ui files reference one of the editor support headers so thats why u need it...
Now i can build and run the app with the new UI libraries.
For Example you should just be able to say.....
and it should compile. Might run into other issues but how far i have got so far....
What I think happened mainly is that they changed the folder to "ui" instead of "gui" but did not change the default include directions, so im not sure how to change those default include directories to work with the project.