Cocos2d-JS v3.6 is released!

Cocos2d-JS v3.6 release note

Highlights

• Added new 3D features: Skybox and Terrain.
  • Upgraded support of Cocos editor to the latest version.
  • Added enumerateChildren function which support powerful children searching in the child node tree with name and patterns.
  • Added cc.sys.isObjectValid for detecting node’s validity to prevent the famous Invalid Native Object issue.

Skybox

Terrain

Notice

For JSB build, there are some restrictions :

• [Android build] Suggested NDK version is r10c +, if you don’t need Android 5.0 compatibility, you can also use r9d, other NDKs are not supported.
  • [iOS build] Xcode version must be 5.1.1 +
  • [Web code obfuscation] JRE or JDK version must be 1.6+

Download

More information

Read more about all the features and bug fixes

Upgrade your project from previous versions

If you want to upgrade your game based on v3.0 previous version to the v3.6, you should follow these steps:

1. Download the Cocos2d-JS v3.6 package.
  2. Upgrade cocos command with setup.py.
  3. Create a new project with cocos new command.
  4. Replace the “src”, “res”, “index.html”, “project.json”, “main.js” etc with your old project.
  5. Then you may need to refer to the upgrade guide to solve some API change issues.

About Cocos2d family

• Cocos2d-JS v3.6 uses Cocos2d-x v3.6 as base of JSB solution.
  • Cocos2d-JS v3.6 uses SpiderMonkey v33 as builtin JavaScript engine.
  • Cocos2d-JS v3.6 is compatible with Cocos Code IDE v1.2.0.
  • Cocos2d-JS v3.6 is compatible with Cocos Studio v1.2 - v1.6 and Cocos Studio 2.1+…

With any problems you might have, our communities are happy to help:

2 Likes

I just tried sample project, (terrain) nice ! :thumbsup:

1 Like

Terrain, Skybox, nice work!

2 publishes fail when running the publish.sh script in plugin/tools/

Native build action success.
/cygdrive/d/Work/cocos2d-x/plugin/tools /cygdrive/d/Work/cocos2d-x/plugin/tools
---------------------------------

Now publish .
target dir is /cygdrive/d/Work/cocos2d-x/plugin/publish/plugins/.
android project dir is /cygdrive/d/Work/cocos2d-x/plugin/plugins/./proj.android

Publish plugin for android
./toolsForPublish/publishPlugin.sh: line 49: pushd: /cygdrive/d/Work/cocos2d-x/plugin/plugins/./proj.android: No such file or directory
Buildfile: build.xml does not exist!
Build failed
Build failed
cp: cannot stat `/cygdrive/d/Work/cocos2d-x/plugin/plugins/./proj.android/bin/*.jar': No such file or directory
/cygdrive/d/Work/cocos2d-x/plugin/tools

Now publish iosiap
target dir is /cygdrive/d/Work/cocos2d-x/plugin/publish/plugins/iosiap
android project dir is /cygdrive/d/Work/cocos2d-x/plugin/plugins/iosiap/proj.android

Publish plugin for android
./toolsForPublish/publishPlugin.sh: line 49: pushd: /cygdrive/d/Work/cocos2d-x/plugin/plugins/iosiap/proj.android: No such file or directory
Build failed
Build failed
cp: cannot stat `/cygdrive/d/Work/cocos2d-x/plugin/plugins/iosiap/proj.android/bin/*.jar': No such file or directory
/cygdrive/d/Work/cocos2d-x/plugin/tools

Is this a known issue?

Please refer to these documents for how to use plugin-x and iOS IAP plugin

http://cocos2d-x.org/docs/manual/framework/html5/jsb/plugin-x/how-to-use-plugin-x-on-android/en

http://cocos2d-x.org/docs/manual/framework/html5/jsb/plugin-x/ios-iap/en

Thanks for posting the links, but the you get those 2 errors I posted when you run the publish.sh step in that guide :slight_smile:

Everything seems to work fine afterwards, aka my publish folder is filled, but I’m guessing 2 items did’t get copied over? There shouldn’t be any errors at all…

EDIT: I’m sorry… I see I posted this under the wrong thread… it was meant to go under Cocos2d-x v3.6 released. My aplogies =/

You may need to investigate the file: build-cfg.json
It controls which file to copy while publishing.

Hi, all,

After a week of test and fixed a bunch of bugs, Cocos2d-JS v3.6 final is released.
Please enjoy !

If you got any problems, you are welcome to post a thread in the forum. If you discover a bug, please report it to our issue tracker.

Thanks
pandamicro

Online API is still 3.5 and the offline version is missing files like index.html

I would appreciate docs instead of more and more features in Cocos2d-x

The online API will be updated tomorrow, sorry for the delay.
I checked the offline version, it should be working, what’s the error message you see ?
Anyway, you can refer to the upgrade guide for more details of API changes.

Why in ‘Cocos’ is still 3.5 version? How can I add it in order to be able to making 3.6 js projects from cocos/cocos studio?

Hi pandamicro,

is cc.ScrollView still supported in cocos2d-js v3.5+? or I must use ccui.ScrollView?
If cc.ScrollView is not supported anymore then please remove it from the API guide: http://www.cocos2d-x.org/reference/html5-js/V3.5/symbols/cc.ScrollView.html

Is ccs.ObjectExtensionData missing the definitions to support the custom property field. ccs.ObjectExtensionData doesn’t implement setCustomProperty or getCustomProperty not does it define customProperty. If a node has userData set in CocosStudio. this will crash.

There was reference to this on one of the Chinese forums.

Will there a cleaner method to add custom properties to Cocos Studio. It’s pretty awkward to add extra data currently in cocos studio.

Nice Updates

It should already be updated, please take a look

You can still use cc.ScrollView in v3.x, but it’s not suggested.

Sorry, we don’t support extended properties in Cocos Studio currently.