Cocos Studio: Cannot create Empty Resource Project

I have installed Cocos 2.3.0.1 along with the Cocos2d-x 3.6 framework, however I am unable to create an Empty Resource Project from either Cocos or Cocos Studio:

When choosing Cocos Project it shows the Cocos2d-x framework, so it’s happy that’s installed. I already have a Cocos2d-x project started and just want to use Cocos Studio for level editing, so I don’t want to create a whole new project from scratch.

Can anyone help please?

You can easily merge them. Copy cocostudio directory and project files from root directory to your project and you are ready to go :slight_smile:

So does it mean the Empty Resource Project has been removed now?

Hi, I also have the same problem, don’t know why this feature was removed. I usually create, compile and deploy projects using the cocos console, and only need CocosStudio to manage my resources, scenes etc., so I now have to create an entirely new complete project just for that.

I’m just wondering, what is the difference between a project created using the console and a project created using Cocos? Assuming both are using the same cocos2d-x version, of course. Also, is there a way to create just a web project from Cocos or CocosStudio? You can do that very easy using the console. Thanks.