Cocos Studio 2 Feedback

version 2.1beta isn’t working on android. Everything is black on the device. Does anyone have this problem, too?
It worked with 2.0.6

I think it only works with 3.4 version of cocos

you think?
really?
you should know that?! o.o
and it works with windows, only android apk is black.

edit
looks like it’s not 2.1beta who is making something wrong.

Tried to run new Cocos Studio 2.1 Beta for Mac.
Installed without problems.
When I try to run it - some gray window appears for a 1/2 second and closes immediately.
Nothing more.

What should I do more?
Thanks.

System:
OS X Yosemite, 10.10.1
MacBook Pro Retina, Intel Core i7 2.6Ghz, 16Gb RAM,
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024Mb, SSD 512Gb

Some system log I could get is here:

07.01.15 18:19:22,266 CocosStudio[47530]: *** WARNING: Method userSpaceScaleFactor in class NSView is deprecated on 10.7 and later. It should not be used in new applications. Use convertRectToBacking: instead.
07.01.15 18:19:22,292 CocosStudio[47530]: WARNING: The Gestalt selector gestaltSystemVersion is returning 10.9.1 instead of 10.10.1. Use NSProcessInfo's operatingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number. Call location:
07.01.15 18:19:22,292 CocosStudio[47530]: 0   CarbonCore                          0x9aa597e7 ___Gestalt_SystemVersion_block_invoke + 135
07.01.15 18:19:22,293 CocosStudio[47530]: 1   libdispatch.dylib                   0x98387130 _dispatch_client_callout + 50
07.01.15 18:19:22,293 CocosStudio[47530]: 2   libdispatch.dylib                   0x983870b5 dispatch_once_f + 251
07.01.15 18:19:22,293 CocosStudio[47530]: 3   libdispatch.dylib                   0x983880d8 dispatch_once + 31
07.01.15 18:19:22,293 CocosStudio[47530]: 4   CarbonCore                          0x9a9ebfb8 _Gestalt_SystemVersion + 1050
07.01.15 18:19:22,293 CocosStudio[47530]: 5   CarbonCore                          0x9a9ebb69 Gestalt + 150
07.01.15 18:19:22,293 CocosStudio[47530]: 6   ???                                 0x066c4b60 0x0 + 107760480
07.01.15 18:19:24,219 CocosStudio[47530]: objc[47530]: Class AVAudioPlayer is implemented in both /System/Library/Frameworks/AVFoundation.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libAVFAudio.dylib and /Applications/Cocos/Cocos Studio 2.app/Contents/MacOS//libCocosDenshion Mac.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
07.01.15 18:19:25,454 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.chukong.CocosStudio2.124708[47530]) Service exited with abnormal code: 1

When will Cocos2d-JS v3.3 be released? I ask in this thread as we want to use Cocos Studio 2 with Cocos2d-JS for browser apps.

I’m working right now on a port of the cocostudio CSB file reader to use in my html5 game. I’m using emscripten to compile FlatBuffers scheme into a not so nice js file, for now i can only retrieve some minor information about the scene.

A little bit of help with the port will be nice, if any one is interested.

@SonarSystems nice tutorials, they really help me start using cocos!

@nite Any chance to the cocostudio become a open source project?

@SonarSystems checkout this cocos-js roadmap, I think it suppose to have delayed.
@El_Jorge I don’t think cocostudio will be open source anytime soon. But json exporting should be coming.

Great :smiley: Have you seen our education platform Sonarlearning.co.uk which has over 6000 free videos plus we have an API guide cocos.sonarlearning.co.uk

When trying to access the link you sent me I get the error Board not found. :frowning:

I have a question about in Animation Editor.

When I open the example I can see the Event and the Color “action” add the Sprite. But I try to add another Sprite and cannot add these two events (only Rotation, Scale, and Position). See the image for more detail. http://oi62.tinypic.com/2sba51z.jpg

Please show me how to add Event and Color. I am using cocostudio 2.0.6.

I figure it out myself by using “Automatic frame recording” function.

1 Like

anyone help me? :wink:

Hi I have question will be cocos studio 2.x support custom controls (to use own controls in studio)?

hello
i’m new for cocosstudio, i was try stencly, game closure devkit, flash professional cc, i’m looking for my adapt myself, i find COCOS STUDIO very cool but i need to ask you:

• will do port in Linux?

• how i can see the test (public)? i did try to click “pubblic” not work…?

• import file SVG (from inkscape) to cocos studio?

• there is a roadmap for cocos studio for next version? (schedules, plan) thank you

manuel

@nite , a crucial feature still missing for animations in cocos studio is easing (ease in/ease out), are there any plans for adding that in the near future?
thanks,

What about frame animations? Can I do it using cocos studio? I really need this!

I believe you currently can’t do frame anim in cocosStudio since ‘visiblility’ of sprites are current a perma on or perma off thing. ‘frames’ don’t hold visibility info, only scale, rotation, and position.

My suggestion is use a app called shoebox to make your animation’s -> sprite sheet and import it into cocos2d. http://renderhjs.net/shoebox/
Alternatively you could use texturepacker, i just like shoebox.

check this also:
http://www.cocos2d-x.org/wiki/Sprite_Sheet_Animation

Yes, you can do frame animations in CocosStudio. Just use the opacity or visibility information.
Keep in mind, that the animation information in CS are based on 60fps and you have to mimic the time/frame delay via frames(you can also set it to other fps values, but not from the UI; you have to set it manually in the animation definition file). You also have to time scale the animation in your app, if you want to emulate delays in 1/100 of a sec, meaning that you can design your animation in CS based on 1/100 fractions instead of the 1/60 fractions.

Frame Animations were always supported. Frames hold opacity info as well as visibility info.

I was using Cocos Studio 2.1 beta and i can confirm, like i said, that if you set visibility off for instance, in one ‘frame’, it sets the visibility off for the whole thing,same for opacity.
Like I said, in current cocos studio the only things that are explicitly labeled, -and carry over are, rotation, position and scale.

Now I’m not saying it can’t be done in cocos2d-x, I’m talking about the cocos studio interface since that was the subject at hand.

If you honestly believe what you wrote, please make a video demo of it, showing the magic, from a blank slate, without any special editing of files, using the latest software like i said.

Just don’t assume without checking.

What is “the whole thing” referring to? The whole animation sequence?

What do you mean with “carry over”? Carry over to what? The animation timeline? The engine?
Automatic frame recording adds all key-frameable properties automatically.

I never said anything about doing it in cocos2d-x and I’m also talking about the CS UI.

The file editing I was referring to, was for changing the base fps.

I was not assuming but doing it. I am able to key-frame the visibility on each frame and play back the animation in the CocoStudio timeline.
E…g.: ImageA at frame1 is visible, ImageB is invisible. ImageB at frame2 is visible and ImageA is invisible.

Please be more precise, in describing what is not working, when and were.

To prove it, I attached an animation, where two buttons are flickering. Just play it and you will see each frame has the visibility key-framed as expected.

There is no magic to it. Check “Automatic frame recording” and change the visibility to your needs.
I will see, if I can make a video, if I have the time to.

Visibility key-framed