Cocos Studio 2 Feedback

As it is, I ended up using the older version of Cocos Studio (version 2.1.5) to create the initial Cocos Studio Resource Project. I was then able to use the latest version of Cocos Studio to edit this resource project.

Obviously, this is a fairly kludgy way to accomplish this simple workflow.

This feature, the ability to create a new Empty Resource Project, is actually needed in order to complement the creation of a cocos project via the cocos command line script, since the command line script can create all aspects of the project except for the Cocos Studio resources.

Alternatively, extend the cocos command line script so that it can create an empty Cocos Studio Resources project as part of the project creation process. Although if you go this route, you should also add the ability to add an empty Cocos Studio Resource project to an existing project, for the sake of orthogonality, since this would be a common use case.

Either of these solutions would probably work well for the vast majority of users who use Cocos Studio.

I see. Thanks for making us know about this.

On the other hand I donā€™t know if this thread is monitored by the cocos studio team, they seem to only follow chinese threads (could be wrong though).

I hope we get a new version of cocos studio 2.xx soon. It is shaping up nicely.

Cheers.

5k $ ? :smiley: In what country? That means, I, cocos2d-x developer earn 13% of this amount :smiley:

Where do you live? What are your qualifications? Tasks? Responsibilities?

Well that is the minimal average expense in Western Europe.
A developer earns about 1500 Euros net, which is about 2300 gross, but it will cost the company about double the net salary because of high taxes and social insurance contributions etc.

Depending on your qualifications and other reasons, the salary can go up to 7500 net or even higher.

@iQD yes, 1500ā‚¬ is the minimum (in france). With all taxes, it costs ~3000ā‚¬. But the average salary is about 2500/3000 net or more !

So 200/300ā‚¬ is not a problem.

I live in Eastern Europe. For 1500 euros (we have another currency btw) you can have 2 programmers easily :smiley: 1500 euros for one maybe in capital only (higher ranked).

Anyway, changing the topic back to cocos studio: what is ā€œOnion skinā€? Can someone explain?

So easily to guess which country then :wink:

I guess you donā€™t have 55% taxes like we do :smile:

Itā€™s making the pre- and post-positions of the animated item visible. With onion skin you can see the path of your animation. Itā€™s purpose is to make animation editing easier.

Hey CocosStudio developer, i still waiting for the fixing issue.
Skeletal Aninimation is cool, after i tried it out, but the problem occur is that i canā€™t bring sprite to front by drag and drop node element in Animation Tab.
Please check it

And thank you anyway for your effort.

Hi, thank you for the update of this nice tool. Iā€™m on mac, and i donā€™t know why, but i canā€™t edit animation. Is it normal, or just i didnā€™t found out the way to edit the animation curves?

Why there are black border with every pieces of image in Skelatal Animation (CocosStudio2.3.2)

Ok, i found it. Need to click on the frame on the timeline, then comes active the curve editor.

Can I add skeletal animation made in Spine to cocos studio?

I wanted to give Skeletal Animations a try, so I created a new Skeletal Animation file and made a pretty simple animation of a tree balancing a bit because of the wind. After that, I just dragged it into my main scene file, and it looked alright. Published the Cocos Studio project, went to Xcode and built my game for iOS and then it crashed.

I tried creating an empty Skeletal Animation file with same results. I donā€™t understand why this crash is happening, as Iā€™ve tried the example projects that come with Cocos Studio and where Skeletal Animations were used and I built them with no problems.
Any clue on this?

Iā€™m using Cocos2d-x 3.8.1 and Cocos Studio 2.3.2
Thank you in advance!

How to read event name in setFrameEventCallFunc listener?

It gives me Frame object and I cannot find anywhere something like event name. So I have to read frame index, which is pretty bad solutionā€¦

edit:

wow, already found this on some chinese page:

EventFrame* eFrame = dynamic_cast<EventFrame *>(frame);
string eventName = eFrame->getEvent();

Hi
I canā€™t run cocos studio 2 on windows xp sp3.
Should I use older version of cocos studio?

Is it possible to play reversed animation? like myAction->playReversed(ā€œraiseHandā€) will ā€œcreateā€ ā€œfallHandā€. A lot less work sometimes.

Is Cocos Studio dead? There was no updates since 3.7.
I would like to see ability to change ScrollBar of ListView and possibility to add pretty new widget which is EditBox.

As for controls Iā€™d like to have toggle button :smiley:

Works really great. There are some considerations, like the custom widget creation that needs to be addressed properly, and, for example, to properly point that NoLoopAction and LoopAction animations will return to the first key frame unless told to remain in SingleFrame mode:

This is more a documentation feature.

Also, some core features that need to be pointed were open:

https://github.com/darkdukey/Cocos-Studio/issues/

When I copy few objects from one scene to another theyā€™re pasted in reversed order (layers on the timeline).