Cocos not recognized as internal command, after install

I installed and all roots are found, but still cocos is not reconized

Any ideas. I’m trying to get a new build so im up to date

restart computer

1 Like

didn’t work nah :frowning:

Not sure if this will help

Well that suggests that you never agreed to the license agreement. However, if cocos is not in your path then it will not be found. Add it to your PATH variable.

On OS X I would do this:

export COCOS_CONSOLE_ROOT=/Users/chukong/Chukong-Inc/cocos2d-x/tools/cocos2d-console/bin

so on Windows just make sure the PATH to cocos2d-x/tools/cocos2d-console/bin is in your PATH where-ever it resides. Then, restart do the new PATH takes effect.

I added to path

Also tried

But still get this error. How did I not agree to anything, where would I have missed that tick box ?

I restarted Computer Windows 10 afterwards to check , no luck either

You add it here:

+

Yes I added it in there. When I select that, it opens up another window where we add the new path like in figure below

Even from that path command cocos doesn’t work

Why is your path Cocos2D-X, that is not how it should be. Our folder is named Cocos2d-x note the lowercase x. So unless you renamed it, your folder names don’t match what I know them to be.

But, it seems your path is valid from what you put in the terminal window.

The error suggests that you did not accept the license agreement.

Whats path to that file ? That one above I can’t understand

Yes changed names, will that affect it no ?

The path to that file starts in your home directory. C:\Users…

Why did you rename and capitalize the X? What was your reasoning? This breaks any GitHub stuff if you are cloning the repo and building from that. If you are using the .zip then I guess it is fine. It is possible that build paths in IDE’s could be broken too. If I did that, none of my projects would compile without changes.

1 Like

Ok I may have screwed myself changing names. Im going to restart fresh :slight_smile:

Well, I don’t know. That depends upon you. But you can get past your error above by editing the file I mentioned.

I cant find the file

Do you have hidden files and folders turned on?

So in here in hidden file ?

C:\cocos2d-x\cocos2d-x\cocos

no: c:\Users\your user name\.cocos\local_cfg.json

Nothing like that it seems

I searched for it and no matches